Greetings from a first time feline pet owner.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ella Bella, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Ella Bella

Ella Bella Member

So I adopted my first cat, a Calico, a few weeks ago. Her name is Ella and she turned one this month. I'm still getting used to her quirks and having a cat around the house. I was never allowed to have a pet growing up so this is all brand new to me. She can be one furious ball of energy sometimes. I'm trying to keep up with her. Just recently she scratched my pinky finger when I tried to rub her belly. Why do some pet owners have to learn the way about what they do and don't like? :rolleyes:

I hope to contribute regularly since I'm a new owner. It's nice to meet you all!

Ella Bella, Apr 10, 2012
  2. Ella Bella

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Cat Forum then. I hope you can gain plenty of information to help you with your new kitty. Just a warning, with my history of calico cats, they can be a hand full. But they do look so adorable.

dkramarczyk, Apr 10, 2012
  3. Ella Bella

Jessi Well-Known Member

I think any cat can be a handful, calico or not! Lol.

You're so right about learning their little quirks the hard way sometimes. One of my cats begs to be pet, but you can only do it twice. She's like the old "how many licks does it take to the get the center of a Tootsie pop? 1...2....crunch!" That's how she works. She'll even come right back and want to be pet again, but no matter how tempting it is, you've gotta stop after the 2, ha.

Jessi, Apr 12, 2012
  4. Ella Bella

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

My calico is similar to this. She will let you pet her, but once she's had enough, she'll bite you to let you know. Normally cats will just move if they don't want attention anymore. Cats definitely have unique personalities.

dkramarczyk, Apr 13, 2012
  5. Ella Bella

Becky Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Becky, Apr 13, 2012
  6. Ella Bella

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Welcome to our family of cat-lovers. When do we get to see a picture of Ella? As for the biting, please take it easy. Cats are very independent creatures and they do not submit easily. So just relax and go with the flow. Pet Ella a bit but not too much. Unless he asks for it.

Victor Leigh, Jun 23, 2012
Ask a Question