Flea treatment day!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by BTCGuru81, Apr 4, 2013.

1. BTCGuru81

BTCGuru81 Well-Known Member

I suppose it's not very nice, but I can't help but laugh at my cats when it comes time for flea treatments. Here in the north east, those little monster will infest your house like a biblical pestilence if you have animals and the weather turns either unusually wet or cold. We buy this oily stuff to put on the backs of our cats necks, per our vet's recommendation. I cannot detect a scent on this thing at all. I'm a former smoker so maybe my nose isn't all it could be, but I swear this stuff is odorless.

My cats beg to differ. They squint their eyes and curl their lips at even the sight of the packaging. Suddenly, four kitties who mob you for attention as you walk through the room scatter and slink, hugging the wall to get away. I do not typically take joy in an animal's displeasure but it's kind of funny. I've experienced a true flea infestation once during a particularly rainy summer a few years ago when we had widespread flooding in the state. Trust me, this is for their own good. Those poor animals suffered miserably and so did we. They are surprisingly hard to get rid of, and took weeks to restore the house to a non-gross state.

Anyway, just thought I'd share one of the little slices of life I go through with my cats. I'm sure everyone has stories and I'd love to hear them!

BTCGuru81, Apr 4, 2013
Ask a Question