Favorite Part of Fall

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by msmonkeyfeet, Sep 26, 2012.

1. msmonkeyfeet

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

For those of you living in an area where there is actually Fall (such as the North East where I am), what's your favorite part of fall? Halloween has always been my favorite holiday so that automatically gives Fall bonus points in my book but I also love the changing of the colors of the leaves as well as the cooler temperatures because I always seem to sleep better at night when it's cooler out. It also gives me an excuse to break out my fuzzy socks and pj bottoms to hang around the house in. The only thing I hate about Fall is that it's a slippery slope to Winter, which I can't stand because the extremely cold temperatures and the snow that we're prone to have up here!

msmonkeyfeet, Sep 26, 2012
  2. msmonkeyfeet

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I love the cool dry weather and the overcast skies. Bright sunny days actually give me a headache, especially when the sun reflects off shiny objects and glares right into my eyes. You can see color so much more beautifully from the diffused light of a cloudy day. I love being able to leave my windows open and get fresh air without it getting super hot in my place. Also, the bugs mostly start to go away in the fall too.

OhioTom76, Sep 27, 2012
    msmonkeyfeet likes this.
  3. msmonkeyfeet

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

That's also another thing that I like about Fall, the fact that the bugs aren't out! Especially lately when there's been such a huge scare concerning all the diseases that mosquitoes are now carrying and transmitting to people.

msmonkeyfeet, Sep 30, 2012
  4. msmonkeyfeet

Trellum Well-Known Member

Halloween as always been my favorite holiday, since my family doesn't even celebrate christmas or similar holidays. I just love the decorations and the whole horror theme... I guess Halloween decorations were just like the christmas ones and could actually stick around for a while :(

Trellum, Jan 8, 2014
  5. msmonkeyfeet

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

I love Halloween too! I wish that Halloween decorations could stay up all year but we all have to change it into christmas ones.

Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014
  6. msmonkeyfeet

Trellum Well-Known Member

Yeah! Don't you think Halloween decorations have to go way too soon? Wouldn't it be nice if they could stay at least one week? Christmas decorations seem to stay forever.

Trellum, Feb 12, 2014
Ask a Question