Ever Wonder If Your Cat Is A Bit Stupid?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by OhioTom76, Oct 12, 2012.

1. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I've always thought that cats were supposed to be pretty nimble, you know - the whole 9 lives thing. But twice already this week I've seen one of my cats do some really stupid things.

She likes to lay in the window sill and look out the window during the day. This was fine when it was summer and we had the windows open - but now that the windows are closed there's nothing to lay on, the trim only sticks out about 2 inches. Twice now she's tried to jump up on the window sill only realize this and fumble and fall off of it. You would think she would have gotten it the first time around.

Then the other day she was laying on her back in a chair stretching out, not paying attention and just rolled right off of it, landing on the floor all confused.

Your cats ever do something that makes you go, "really?"

OhioTom76, Oct 12, 2012
  2. OhioTom76

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

A BIT stupid? Hahahahaha. I am ALWAYS doing the whole *facepalm* thing around him. He is a prize plonker. Stupid things my cat does:

Runs about in circles meowing when he spots a fly or a bug, gets dizzy, and falls over.
    Runs to the top of the curtains in my bedroom and gets stuck on them every. Single. Time.
    Runs too fast across the laminated flooring, and wonders why he crashes into the wall.
    Forgets the hot tap is hot, when it's running. He likes to try and steal water from the stream when a tap is on, but can't remember hot and cold.
    Doesn't like meat, but whenever I have some, if he sees me eating it, he will try and grab some, and he leaves it EVERY TIME.

I could go on..

Evilsprinkles, Oct 13, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  3. OhioTom76

steph84 Well-Known Member

Hahaha yes! My new kitty Sandy has to be a little slow or something. She just sits there and cocks her head and always looks baffled for no reason. She sometimes stares at the wall and does this too. We all joke that she can see spirits.

steph84, Oct 14, 2012
  4. OhioTom76

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Oh, and Zod runs about like a prize idiot over absolutely nothing. He yowls at the wall and tries to climb it, to catch (you've guessed it) absolutely nothing. He also gets his head stuck in plastic bag handles, and runs about with them like a cape. I thought he did it by accident once, but when I caught him doing it several times, I realised he's stupid enough to do it ALL the time.

Evilsprinkles, Oct 14, 2012
  5. OhioTom76

MER Well-Known Member

We thought our cats were smart until today. Rosco ran upstairs to play with my wife's dust towel. He must have forgot he was on the second story and ran through the banister falling 20 feet or so. Taking him to the vet this evening just to make sure he only shook up the marbles in his head!

MER, Sep 22, 2015
  6. OhioTom76

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Oh they all do things that make you give your head a shake. I never really looked at them as stupid but they do things that make me wonder sometimes.
    They are definitely good entertainment and they can sure make you laugh at the silly things they do.

Susan Brown, Sep 23, 2015
Ask a Question