Embarrassing your cat

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Do you ever embarrass your kitty? hehe

Jessi, Aug 7, 2012
  2. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat Kitty Love hates it when I tell him to sit or behave in front of guests. He gets even more angry when you laugh at him.

steph84, Aug 8, 2012
  3. Jessi

Olivia Gajadhar Member

I don't think my kitty ever gets embarrassed. Here's a silly (albeit cute) picture of her taken when she was a kitten (and no, I didn't not position her myself... she did it all on her own). :)

Attached Files:

• Mia.jpg
      Mia.jpg
      File size:
      57.4 KB
      Views:
    Olivia Gajadhar, Aug 8, 2012
  4. Jessi

JustJenne Active Member

I don't embarrass my cats, but, I did do some silly things with my cat Fluffy as a child. I used to dress him up in doll clothes and lay him in my baby doll bassinet. I'd stand him up and make him dance with me, brush his teeth with an old toothbrush and toothpaste, and even put him in bike basket and ride around once! Now, he wasn't abused or anything. He is a very cozy cat and possibly the Ragdoll breed.

JustJenne, Sep 3, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I did a lot of those same things, Jenne!

We had a cat who had absolutely no issues with me doing that. I'd swaddle him in baby blankets, feed him fake food, carry him around, whatever. He would be as calm as could be, but as soon as I would turn my back, he'd run out of the room.

Jessi, Sep 3, 2012
  6. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have noticed that cats don't take scolding very well. The younger ones may run away but the older ones will just turn their backs on me. Then they would groom themselves as if nothing as happened. I suppose it's sort of like a kind of face-saving thing with the cats.

Victor Leigh, Sep 4, 2012
  7. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My cat Dolores doesn't really get embarrassed because she has no morals, decency or shame. If I scold her for taking a dump on a new rug, she just looks defiant and annoyed, like "Yeah, I defiled your tacky zebra rug. Why are you bothering me?"

ACSAPA, Oct 1, 2012
  8. Jessi

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

I've never really had tell my cat off, he's usually really good. Embarrassing my animals isn't something I do either, and I don't dress them up. People don't necessarily realise how uncomfortable it is for them. Aside from winter coats on my dogs, and the harness I have to put on one of them, I don't dress them up. I think the only thing I'd put on my cat, is a harness if I had to take him outside. Since I'm due to move house in the next month, and said house has a private garden, I may well end up using a harness to introduce him to the outside world.

Evilsprinkles, Oct 1, 2012
  9. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

I just embarrassed him again today in front of guests. He was walking by and we were all talking about how regal he looks and so he was waving his tail like no other. But when he had jumped up and kissed me and everyone laughed and applauded he got so angry!

steph84, Oct 3, 2012
Ask a Question