Eating things off of paws?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by CinnamonKiss, Nov 29, 2012.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Our cat Dusty will occasionally pick human scraps up using his claws and then flip his paw over in order to eat it off the pads of his paws. Out of all the cat's we've owned, he's the only one we've seen do this. The first time he did it, my mom was throwing shrimp tails and one landed in a shoe. So Dusty just stuck his paw in to retrieve it and flipped his paw over to eat it. I would guess a normal cat would just stick their head in and eat it if they wanted it so badly. Anyone else seen a cat do something like this? Or even something similar?

CinnamonKiss, Nov 29, 2012
  2. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yep, ours do! My sister's cat especially. Over Thanksgiving holiday, we actually had a blast watching her steal olives out of a can that we forgot on the other table. We were all in the other room and heard sounds that led us to her. She was just pulling them out and licking the vinegar off of them, lol.

Jessi, Nov 30, 2012
  3. CinnamonKiss

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My cats do that, the best i ever saw was an almost empty tall glass of milk. Bandit came up to it would put his paw in, scoop up the milk, then lick it out of his paw.

I was like OMG, LOOK HE'S EATING LIKE A PERSON!

Scottyxx, Nov 30, 2012
  4. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Both of your stories are so funny and cute! I'm glad Dusty isn't the only one because it's so cute and smart of them. I agree with you Scottyxx, it does look like they're eating like a person! Paws are their own self-attached forks. :)

CinnamonKiss, Nov 30, 2012
  5. CinnamonKiss

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

I know they are so smart, I get so excited when they use their paws like that!

Scottyxx, Dec 2, 2012
Ask a Question