Dusty and boxes!!

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by CinnamonKiss, Dec 27, 2012.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Dusty loves trying to fit in boxes! Small, medium, large, if there's a space inside he wants to fill it! He's ripped boxes trying to sleep in them and yet he is undeterred. He likes bags too if he can get them on their side. He once crawled inside a very large Kroger paper bag and had his paws poking out.
    Here are some pictures of his antics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

In the last pictures he dug out all of the brown shipping paper you see there and then tried to dig the color out of the bottom of the box before he realized it wasn't going anywhere. And Dusty's eyes look a little weird because he has freckles!! On his nose and around his eyes, freckles! The flash washed out the freckles in the top pictures, but he's a freckled baby.

CinnamonKiss, Dec 27, 2012
  2. CinnamonKiss

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Dusty is a handsome little guy and it's cool that he has freckles to go with his red hair. It's funny that he destroys boxes trying to sleep in them and doesn't care at all.
    By the way your Gwen Stefani Harajuku Lovers bag is really cute.

ACSAPA, Jan 7, 2013
  3. CinnamonKiss

Thank you :D I suppose he is a ginger, I've never put too much correlation between human and cat appearances. He's the only cat we've had with freckles, too. Oh no, he doesn't care. He'll sleep with his butt hanging out the box and no care in the world.
    Thank you! I got it for Christmas a few years ago, it's so big though :(

CinnamonKiss, Jan 8, 2013
  4. CinnamonKiss

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Cats and boxes, I swear! Dusty is incredibly cute! Does he do the same thing with bags all of the time or just the once you mentioned?

blurinoctober, Jan 9, 2013
  5. CinnamonKiss

They just like being in things I guess? He does do the same thing with all bags, he did it a few weeks ago and I have pictures :p
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    He managed to find an empty gift bag that had fallen over by my chair. His first reaction is to lay in there, of course. He's done it to fast food bags and will try to git inside plastic bags, too. Dusty knows no discrimination and is pretty unbiased!

CinnamonKiss, Jan 9, 2013
    blurinoctober likes this.
  6. CinnamonKiss

Awwwwwwwwh! Alice is finally big enough to be able to jump into boxes herself and there's one in my bedroom she's claimed as hers. Seriously, we had Christmas gifts in it and were going to throw it out. She jumped in the box and refused to let us take it! Now she gets it in for a little while every night. She's a goober.

blurinoctober, Jan 9, 2013
  7. CinnamonKiss

That's cute, she's staked out her own "space." She must really love it if she's being that stubborn over it! Awwwww, now you guys will have to keep the box. You should decorate the outside for her and put "Alice's Box" on it :D

CinnamonKiss, Jan 10, 2013
  8. CinnamonKiss

Ohmygosh, we should! I have a bunch of craft supplies hanging on in our bedroom, so maybe that should be tonight's goal...

blurinoctober, Jan 11, 2013
    CinnamonKiss likes this.
  9. CinnamonKiss

If Dusty would stick with one thing I'd decorate him a box. I hope you get to, you can post some pictures :D We recieved a free cardboard cat house and Dusty only slept in it the first day I put it together. It sat out in the middle of the living room but after we put it out of the way only Sassy will fool with it.

CinnamonKiss, Jan 12, 2013
  10. CinnamonKiss

She didn't mess with her box at all last night, so maybe she won't anymore! It's saddening, lol. If she keeps getting it in, I will definitely decorate and post pictures! That's very sad, that Dusty won't mess with it. But I guess it isn't surprising, cats are so finicky.

blurinoctober, Jan 12, 2013
Ask a Question