Drinking from the faucet

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lol. Mine actually prefers to dip her paw in the running stream and then lick it off there. She wouldn't dare risk getting her face wet.

Does yours love the faucet?

Jessi, Jul 11, 2012
  2. Jessi

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

LOL! Too cute!

No, my cats prefer to drink from a glass on the coffee table (I learned to drink from a closed container quickly, especially since Mouth seems to think he is an English cat and likes to drink my tea ;).)

Ninja comes running when he hears the faucet running anywhere in the house but it is mainly just to see the water go down the drain not to drink.

HappyRocinante, Jul 11, 2012
  3. Jessi

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

Oh! My beloved has a wonderfully adorable pair of kitties, well, they are cats now. Big cute suckers that are so cuddly with one another and other people it's irresistible! But they really had a thing for sinks and faucets. I've seen such wonderfully perfect pictures of them sharing the water from a small stream together. I had never known a cat to get that into water from the sink. They are both so big now they can barely fit in the sink at the first residence, I think since then they have discovered the kitchen sink is bigger. He he. XD But yes, this definitely happens!

I had a cat we had to keep the toilet bowl cover shut when we discovered she would drink from it. That was scary. Although I would like to think she had sense not to do that if we had recently cleaned it, which only slightly more concerning that it not being clean.... I guess it just didn't' occur to me they would ever do that. Should have known better seeing as she was rather wild, so she had probably encountered far dirtier water outside. :/

QuatreHiead, Jul 11, 2012
  4. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol! Mine won't even taste something other than water. She'll smell tea, coffee, or soda and will turn her nose up at it and walk away. There's no way she'd drink it!

Jessi, Jul 12, 2012
  5. Jessi

S.O. Price Active Member

I have one cat that likes to drink from unusual things. There is a certain glass I use to water the plants and when I fill it up with water, this certain kitty comes running. She knows how it sounds to fill up this particular glass. I always let her have first dibs on the water before I water the plants. She used to drink from the bathtub, but she is getting so overweight she can't balance herself anymore on the edge of the tub. Spanky is getting to be a BIG girl. I think she's gaining weight cause she might be approaching catopause!

S.O. Price, Jul 13, 2012
  6. Jessi

violino Well-Known Member

Mitra does the same as the cat in the picture but after some time she started doing as Jessi's cat. But I'm not sure she drinks then, it looks more like she cleaned herself :p

violino, Jul 13, 2012
  7. Jessi

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

All cat I think love to drink from the faucet as much as they could get by with it. Some cats may not prefer to drink from a faucet, but all of my cats would enjoy drinking this a way. it just depends on the type of cat, if they would feel drinking water this away, to be appealing.

Jenny Heart, Jul 15, 2012
Ask a Question