Does you cats love to play ball

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jenny Heart, May 22, 2012.

1. Jenny Heart

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

My cat love to play with everything that rolls across the floor. They'll run, and run, until all the cats seem to be around the same ball, trying to get it all to themselves. They all can stay fit if I can just remember to keep a ball rolling across the floor. Does your cats like to play ball, or what else do they like to chase across the floor?

Jenny Heart, May 22, 2012
  2. Jenny Heart

Jessi Well-Known Member

To a certain extent, yeah. My older one only likes one ball, though. She has a special ball that rattles different than others that she's had since she was young and it's the only one that has ever interested her. We frequently lose it, but then when we find it again after several months, she's so excited.

Jessi, May 22, 2012
    Jenny Heart likes this.
  3. Jenny Heart

violino Well-Known Member

The best toy for my cats is a glass ball (you know, the small one children use to play with) - both of my cats could play such a ball for hours. We had many of them, now there's only a few left, the rest is hidden or lost somewhere :p

violino, May 22, 2012
    Jenny Heart likes this.
  4. Jenny Heart

Mystique Well-Known Member

Marbles, yes! My cats loved to play with the marbles. I used to let go of one or two marbles from a few steps of the stairs, and when they roll down, my cats' heads would bop up and down - lol. Too cute and then, they ran after the marbles. It was a lot of fun and yes, like you, I had only a few left from a bucket full of marbles (we used them to play a traditional Malay game called "congkak").

You just gave me an idea :D I should look for the marbles and buy a few for Snowy and Azzario!

Mystique, May 23, 2012
    Jenny Heart likes this.
  5. Jenny Heart

Belligerent Well-Known Member

Ooh my cat loves playing with anything that moves when she hits it- balls especially. She loves the toy mice too.. we just found about 15 of them under our dresser because she batted them under there.. lol. I find it all adorable!

Belligerent, May 23, 2012
  6. Jenny Heart

Yes, exactly, thanks! ;)

You're welcome :D
    I should try to find them under furniture...
    Tabu used to take marbles out of a bowl where I kept them. It wasn't easy because they're not easy to hold by a cat's paw, they're.. uhm.. glassy :D but she manoeuvred as long as she took it out :D

violino, May 23, 2012
  7. Jenny Heart

LOL - seems like Tabu has mad skills. I love watching my cats do the darndest things and most of the time, I wish I had the camera with me. It would be nice to have some videos saved and perhaps, show it to family and friends, but just thinking about it makes me sound like a crazy cat owner :p

Mystique, May 23, 2012
  8. Jenny Heart

Anna T Active Member

As playful as my cat is, she really is not too into toys/balls, etc. She'd rather chase a string or my feet. She also likes to play with other cats when she can get them to.

Anna T, May 23, 2012
  9. Jenny Heart

I've got (or I had) a video with this and I wanted to show you but I can't find it :( Maybe in some time.

violino, May 24, 2012
  10. Jenny Heart

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

Happy to hear about all your great ball toys for your cats. They indeed are like us human beings, they love to play as well as we do. Thank you all for sharing this information. Remember now, it may be time to play some ball with your cats.

Jenny Heart, May 24, 2012
  11. Jenny Heart

Ja'cobeC Member

My cats are very playful! They love to play with just about anything. He plays with toys, balls, yarn, toy mice. I love playing around with my cats. They are almost 2 yrs old now. I also have this remote control car for my nephew, and one of my cats like to chase behind it and the other one runs from it.

Ja'cobeC, May 25, 2012
  12. Jenny Heart

I had one, small one, a size of box of matches, and my Tabu just looked at it ("Are YOU crazy...?") but Mitra wanted to run after it, just there was no place for it :( I could only play it in a corridor, the car was too small for carpets. And it was too small for anything, to be honest.. every few meters there was a few hairs between its wheels.

violino, May 25, 2012
  13. Jenny Heart

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cats love to play with the balls I get them, but they quickly lose interest. Right now my kitty loves plastic. He climbs into plastic bags, tries to jump on my trash can and goes after anything plastic. It's so weird, but he loves that more than his balls.

steph84, May 25, 2012
  14. Jenny Heart

Aawww darn - would have liked to view it!

Yeah, remote control cars - my cats were scared of them! I should try with Snowy because she seems to be tough-don't-mess-with-me type of cat. We'll see how she handles it *evil grin*.

Mystique, May 27, 2012
  15. Jenny Heart

mimio Active Member

My cats love furry things rather than ball. Maybe because the balls belongs to the dogs!:p

mimio, Jan 30, 2015
Ask a Question