Does anyone know how massage techniques to relax your cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessie, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jessie

Jessie New Member

I was looking at a book once and it mentioned massaging your cat?? I was wondering if there are certain areas on the feline body where they like to be rubbed (kind of similar to humans)? My cat likes when I scratch his lower backside and rub hs shoulders a little, but I didn't know if there was actually a technique to follow when massaging to make it pleasurable for the kitty:) Thx

Jessie, Mar 21, 2012
  2. Jessie

Jessi Well-Known Member

Uh....

I won't be of much help here because I've never actually heard of massaging your cat. Petting them in general can certainly relax them, though, so maybe that's what the book was getting at? I would think that anywhere your cat appears to enjoy would benefit him/her, but I'm not sure they have any specific pressure points to pay attention to.

Jessi, Mar 24, 2012
  3. Jessie

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Who knows, maybe rubbing a cat's stomach is like massage to the cat. After all cats are so much smaller than us. I don't expect a cat to be able to take a Thai traditional massage, for sure.

Victor Leigh, Mar 25, 2012
  4. Jessie

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

All my cats feel relaxed when I rub them behind the ears. They just seem to eat it up, and keep nudging me for more gentle strokes behind their ears. They also like to be petted gently like you are combing them, with only using your hands instead of a brush. Try listening to soft music with them while petting them.

Jenny Heart, Apr 10, 2012
Ask a Question