Do your cats watch TV with you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by magickat, Jan 28, 2012.

1. magickat

magickat Well-Known Member

Mine do sometimes, last weekend one of my cats sat and watched Jaws all the way through with me, he was totally riveted lol

magickat, Jan 28, 2012
  2. magickat

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

No, can't get them interested in anything on a screen...even on the computer I put on a scene that is for cats with birds and they aren't even interested.

SallyintheValley41, Jan 29, 2012
  3. magickat

Mine love the computer too, I sometimes put on videos of mice for them on Youtube lol

magickat, Jan 29, 2012
  4. magickat

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I had one cat that used to watch TV, largely because we hardly ever had it on. When we put it on, though, he'd sit on the floor in front of it up on his hind legs, like a meerkat. It was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen. And also adorable.

Now, the only TV they watch is the bird feeder in our front yard.

Wallie0921, Feb 1, 2012
  5. magickat

One of the cats we had when I was growing up used to look for snooker balls behind the TV after they had been potted on screen lol

magickat, Feb 1, 2012
    Wallie0921 likes this.
  6. magickat

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Bella watches TV with us at night before we go to bed. The boys could care less about TV they are to busy roaming the house at night because we have a mouse they are trying to catch. LOL

SheWolfSilver, Feb 1, 2012
  7. magickat

The mice are pretty scarce at this time of year so maybe that's why my cats are watching more TV lol

magickat, Feb 4, 2012
  8. magickat

Cathy Member

My bengal has the annoying habit of sitting right in front of the TV as if to say "Excuse me, why is this object the center of attention instead of myself?". I have to get a toy or some treats out to get her away from it, my others all just ignore it.

Cathy, Feb 5, 2012
  9. magickat

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

They caught it! I came into the kitchen this morning and Booger was standing there with it at his feet and meowed at me as if it say, "Look what I caught, mom?" I made hubby get it and throw it away! LOL

SheWolfSilver, Feb 6, 2012
  10. magickat

amy005 Well-Known Member

My cat doesn't necessarily watch tv with me but he does enjoy sitting on my lap whenever I am on the couch watching tv. I do not think he really is watching the tv but I do enjoy his company!

amy005, Feb 8, 2012
  11. magickat

steph84 Well-Known Member

This is so funny! One of my old cats would love to watch nature shows with me. She would go wild whenever she saw lions on TV. We were watching how lions hunt and she got up and attacked my dolls (I was around 8 at the time). It cracked me up because she would never attack anything. It just put her in the mood. Now my cats don't care for the TV, but one loves my screensaver and jumps on my laptop.

steph84, Feb 8, 2012
  12. magickat

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Out of my 6 cats, I do have one that loves to watch TV. She will sit and watch it for hours, she is so funny to watch. It is like she is really into the show or movie and then she will stop and just look at me. So funny and cute!

Wahcashmom, Feb 9, 2012
  13. magickat

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Trinity watches TV with me on the evenings I have the TV on in my room before going to sleep. The rest of the tribe will stop and watch a few seconds when the big screen in the living room is on but no major interest in it other than sleeping on the cable box!

Micheleteresa, Mar 4, 2012
  14. magickat

My two youngest kitties also love sleeping on the cable box and on the Playstation! At least they have got out of the habit of trying to play with the wires now, although the scart lead still gets knocked out of the back of the TV sometimes when they are all going manic chasing each other around the house :)

magickat, Mar 5, 2012
  15. magickat

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Mine watch tv with me. Well, sort of. It's about the only time that it can curl up on my lap and not be pushed off.

Victor Leigh, Mar 7, 2012
  16. magickat

Alli Well-Known Member

Mine don't actually seem to notice anything on the TV screen- they sometimes attack things on the computer screen, though - not sure what the difference is to them.

Alli, Mar 9, 2012
  17. magickat

sammilynn Member

If I'm watching a movie or something on my laptop, he'll watch it with me for a bit before he falls asleep. If It's on my Tv, he doesn't seem to notice or care. lol

sammilynn, Mar 14, 2012
  18. magickat

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I wonder what kind of pictures the cats see on our laptop or tv screens. Animals have different optical receptors from human beings. One thing I know is that things which are motionless all look gray to dogs. Only when it moves, it shows up in full color. So does the picture on the screen look gray or colorful to the cats and dogs?

Victor Leigh, Mar 15, 2012
  19. magickat

nicola Active Member

Sophie likes to watch tv.
    She was jumping up at the football the other night.

nicola, Mar 22, 2012
  20. magickat

Jessi Well-Known Member

Not usually. Occasionally one will want to be pet and will lay on the couch with me, but not specifically watching. And occasionally the other will be intrigued by something on the screen, but it's only momentarily and not for long periods of time.

I can't think of any cats we've had that really liked watching TV, but the dog certainly does!

Jessi, Mar 27, 2012
Ask a Question