Do you use any oral care products for cats?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by smeagol, Sep 24, 2014.

1. smeagol

smeagol New Member

Hi I wonder if you know any good oral care products for cats?

smeagol, Sep 24, 2014
  2. smeagol

Trellum Well-Known Member

Uhm, not really! I only use something for my dog, mostly some special treats that are supposed to clean the dog's teeth, but that's it. I can't imagine trying to brush my cat's teeth :O I don't think my cat would allow me put anything close his mouth :eek:

Trellum, Sep 25, 2014
  3. smeagol

smeagol New Member

haha. ;) someone referred to me a product will update you guys soon.

smeagol, Sep 29, 2014
  4. smeagol

questseeker Member

5. smeagol

Anne Well-Known Member

I have dogs and almost everywhere I go I see products for their teeth. Not once can I remember seeing anything for cats. I have to confess though, that never did it occur to me to even look for any while my cat was alive.

I feel sure that trying to clean my cat's teeth would have been quite an ordeal. I could not see him co-operating. I feel like I read somewhere that there are foods you can use to compensate for teeth brushing. I'll consider that for my next cat experience.

Anne, Oct 22, 2014
  6. smeagol

pafjlh Well-Known Member

You know to be honest I never really gave this much thought. But then I am new to being a cat owner. We have all seen the products to help clean a dogs teeth but what about cats. Not that I have noticed that my five cats have any dental issues. But this does bring up a good question what do cats do about cleaning their teeth. Cats are very good at keeping themselves and their kittens fur clean. But what about their teeth. Should a cat owner brush their cats teeth as silly as that maybe sound? I don't know if any of my cats would allow me to do that. Have never seen any products such as dental sticks for cats, is such a product needed, I think that is a good question that only a vet maybe be able to answer, and one I would be curious to know about.

pafjlh, Dec 15, 2014
Ask a Question