Do you make your own cat toys?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Janet Ford, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Janet Ford

Janet Ford Member

Do you make toys for your cats yourself?
    If so, what have you made? Did your cats really like it?

I've been toying around (pun intended) with the idea of making some cat stick toys with fur and feathers for them to chase. I've been unable to find the sticks to use to make them. If you've done this, I would love to hear where you found the sticks. I know I could use dowels but wanted something nicer looking than a stiff dowel rod. Maybe I could use some willow twigs. I'm not sure. Feedback appreciated.

Janet Ford, Oct 18, 2015
  2. Janet Ford

Trellum Well-Known Member

Have you tried looking in YouTube? or Pinterest? There you can find so many wonderful ideas :) I'd love to create my on cat toys, just like I have made sweaters and coats for my dog (not my cat, because he doesn't want to wear anything, lol). Pet toys and clothes are specially expensive.

Trellum, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Janet Ford

Carnold23 Member

There are lots of ideas on pinterest! I have tried myself to make a few things for my cat, but he usually just plays with whatever he can find around the house anyway!

Carnold23, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Janet Ford

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cats like to play with straws and paper and gull feather. He could play for hours. He loves to play fetch which is really cute.
    Whatever we throw he runs and get is and brings it back. I usually just pick up toys at the dollar store for him.

Susan Brown, Oct 20, 2015
Ask a Question