Do you get presents from your cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by nikki, Aug 18, 2012.

1. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

I think my favorite gift was a small squirrel. I dont like other animals being harmed but I was rather impressed by the skills of my little hunter. Second place favorite was a headless mouse and in last and grossest place was 3 giant roaches.

nikki, Aug 18, 2012
  2. nikki

Beth23 Well-Known Member

I got one just last night. :) Kiki came in the cat door with a live mouse. Its funny, I am not afraid of mice. If I see one out in the yard or garden I will pick it up no problem. Bring them in the house though and I am on the table. It took me an hour to get up the nerve to catch it. Kiki doesn't kill them right away. He likes to play with them which is horrible. We finally got it and it was ok. Scared to death though. The cat door is closed today and Kiki is grounded. :p

Beth23, Aug 19, 2012
  3. nikki

Jessi Well-Known Member

Usually just mice or hairballs, lol. Neither one is pleasant and I'd happily not get any presents at all if I had the choice. :p

Jessi, Aug 19, 2012
  4. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

Id much rather get live mice than beheaded ones!!!!!

nikki, Aug 20, 2012
  5. nikki

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Dolores is too grumpy and lazy to bring me presents. That's probably for the best. I don't think I would like to get that kind of gift. If Dolores brought me a headless mouse as a gift, I would ask her for the receipt so I could return it.

ACSAPA, Aug 22, 2012
  6. nikki

andrew320 Well-Known Member

Yes. This was the first Christmas with my fiancee's cats and I wanted to make it special. My fiancee got them fish toys, while I got them balls. We wrapped them up and it was amazing because Max, the oldest, was sniffing the entire set of gifts. It was quite cute.

andrew320, Aug 27, 2012
  7. nikki

supergirl Member

Yes, quite often do I find a little dead bird on my front door step. I'm always so grateful..... I once was told that this is a cats way of letting you know that it is a better hunter and provider than you are. Oh so kind of them.

supergirl, Aug 27, 2012
  8. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

Haha not actual presents, does your cat hunt and bring you its kills as gifts?

nikki, Aug 27, 2012
  9. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

Is that what it is?????? How dare they! I hunt and kill that bag of friskies at the supermarket every week!

nikki, Aug 27, 2012
  10. nikki

Jessi Well-Known Member

I used to think that.

But then when I'd get home, she would get in the bag while I was bringing in the rest of the groceries and open it herself. So really, I just brought her a bag to hunt and kill, lol.

Jessi, Aug 28, 2012
  11. nikki

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

We feed the birds and squirrels in our backyard, so this is kind of difficult for us when we take our cats outside to let them play in the yard because the other critters are all over the place. We usually have to keep them on a leash and keep an eye on them closely to keep this from happening, or break them apart if they try to do that. I'm surprised the two of them haven't scared the squirrels away all together.

OhioTom76, Sep 4, 2012
  12. nikki

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

From my present cat, no. He's a housecat, and so he doesn't get hold of things like that. He makes those weird clicking noises out the window at birds, but he's probably not clever enough to catch one, even if he WAS an outside cat. The biggest thing he's ever slain, is a big moth that came through the window. We dubbed him the mothslayer last summer.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 4, 2012
  13. nikki

kalasin Member

We get frogs, mice, and small rabbits. We even get mice still in traps that she carries over to the door :)

kalasin, Sep 5, 2012
Ask a Question