Do you celebrate your cats birthdays?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catlover2, Sep 19, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Do you ever celebrate your cats birthdays? In our house, we do. Our muchkins, Pumpkin, Taddy, and Betsy are our babies. Each one has a special day where we celebrate when they were actually born. We know this because when we adopted them the breeders told us this. Each one gets a new toy and we give them treats that day. How do you celebrate your cats special day?

catlover2, Sep 19, 2010
  2. catlover2

I just got Joey, but I do plan on celebrating every year on the day that I found him. I figure why not I have a birthday so why shouldn't he have one as well? He is just as special!

catlover2, Oct 7, 2010
  3. catlover2

Yes I celebrate all my cats birthdays. I adopted all of them except for Butterfinger so I know when they were born exactly. We celebrate Butterfingers birthday on the day he found us!

catlover2, Oct 10, 2010
  4. catlover2

Ryl22 Member

This may seem odd but I don't know the actual date of my cat's birthday. I rescued her from the shelter and they were unsure when she was born. I will probably now just celebrate the day I brought her home as her birthday! I need the excuse to buy her some presents!

Ryl22, Nov 8, 2010
  5. catlover2

diann3tes Member

Yes. I think everyone is celebrating their cat's birthdays. That would be fun especially in your cat's part. At least we remembered even if you've just found them. It's like celebrating the time where they first entered your home and adapt to be a part of you family.

diann3tes, Jan 4, 2011
  6. catlover2

mycatfriend New Member

Yeh, we try to as much as possible. We don't know the exact date of birth of our mother cat, but do for our little (not so young now) babies, so we give them all some extra fuss and celebrate on that day for all 3 of them

mycatfriend, Apr 28, 2011
  7. catlover2

catnhorsegirl Member

Oh boy, I wish I could! But, all of my cats were rescues and I really have no way of knowing their exact birthdays or exact ages. In a way, I celebrate the day of their births on a daily basis....since I thank them for coming into my life everyday and make it a point to show each of them that they are very much LOVED!

catnhorsegirl, Nov 14, 2011
  8. catlover2

ZigZag Member

Absolutely! Always a good excuse for a new toy or some new treats.

ZigZag, Nov 15, 2011
  9. catlover2

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

Back when I had four cats, three of them had been born in April. So we do a general cat birthday in April, regardless of when the cats were actually born. It's just an excuse to buy them new toys, after all.

Wallie0921, Nov 15, 2011
  10. catlover2

catnhorsegirl Member

Speaking of toys and treats, do your kitty cats have any favorites? In terms of treats, Charlie loves milk and pretzels (not together!), Cozie loves anything salty but is especially pert when I'm eating tortilla chips or potato chips, and Chloe loves cat food generally! All of them come running when they hear the whipped cream can, and Cozie used to go crazy for uncooked spaghetti strands!

catnhorsegirl, Nov 16, 2011
  11. catlover2

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I had one cat, Opus, who loved salted rice cakes (the crunchy ones from Quaker), of all things. One of my favorite baby pictures of my son is of him eating a rice cake and grinning while watching Opus eating rice cakes, too.

Wallie0921, Nov 19, 2011
  12. catlover2

catnhorsegirl Member

Isn't that interesting....you have to wonder why they like some foods and not others. I had to really watch Cozie when she was young. If given a chance, she would eat anything with a really strong odor (she loves the smell of Carmex and Vics Vapor Rub!) and she once ate a tea bag and a few other things that could not have been good for her. She really has a broad taste in foods though....from whipped cream to doritos to cheese (she loves cheese), etc. Don't worry...my cats do not live on human food! They are definitely Science Diet and Fancy Feast aholics!

catnhorsegirl, Nov 19, 2011
  13. catlover2

catnhorsegirl Member

Oh yes, Cozie just reminded me that she also loves Ranch dressing just like her mama. I find this craving strange indeed...and I can't remember how I realized that she is smitten over Ranch. But, no matter what brand of Ranch I'm eating she's right along side of me asking for a wee bit!

catnhorsegirl, Nov 19, 2011
  14. catlover2

lexibethr New Member

Of course! Nothing big but they do get some extra little gifts to play with and they get their own stockings on Christmas too.

lexibethr, Nov 20, 2011
  15. catlover2

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Yes, I do celebrate our cats birthdays. We usually buy them small gifts and treats. Same goes for christmas and other holidays.

Yolanda, Nov 20, 2011
  16. catlover2

amy005 Well-Known Member

I am not even sure of my cats birthday so I have to admit then no I do not celebrate his birthday. We do give him presents on Christmas though and make sure he always gets everything that he needs. If I had any idea of the date he was born I would probably also celebrate his bday.

amy005, Nov 22, 2011
    christy sharpton likes this.
  17. catlover2

doublelady Active Member

I don't celebrate our cats' birthdays because I have no idea when they are. All three were rescued from bad conditions, so their ages had to be estimated from their teeth. Our youngest cat was tiny and could barely walk but was already eating solid foods, so I have no idea if she's 6 months old or 9 months old. It won't matter once she's 5 or 10 though. We do give them gifts and special treats about twice a year just to celebrate.

doublelady, Nov 23, 2011
  18. catlover2

christy sharpton Active Member

I don't celebrate my cat's birthdays, because I know that is one more year that they are loosing.

christy sharpton, Nov 23, 2011
  19. catlover2

I usually buy my cats new toys for Christmas in a big stocking of their own.

20. catlover2

My cat Tinkerbell loves to eat eggs and cheese.

Ask a Question