Did you save any of your cats?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catlover2, Oct 14, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Did you save any of your cats? We saved rex. One day we were coming home from shopping and we about ran over him, If we had not taken him he would have most likely died. He was only about 4 weeks old and would not have survived on his own.

catlover2, Oct 14, 2010
  2. catlover2

MelissaStar New Member

I saved both of my cats. Dexter was an adoption and Gordon was abandoned when he was just 5"ish" weeks old. [​IMG]

MelissaStar, Mar 25, 2011
  3. catlover2

LilianBeans New Member

We saved a few...
    The one we have now was an adoption as well as the four before her. The one prior to those was a beat up stray in our backyard..poor guy!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

LilianBeans, Mar 27, 2011
  4. catlover2

doublelady Active Member

All three of my cats were rescues. The first came from the local animal shelter, the second was from a litter of feral kittens that our neighbor was taking care of but no one would come to get the last little black and white one because he was too rambunctious. The third was taken away from its mother too young and we took it from some teenagers who were trying to hide it in their basement and who didn't have the money to take care of it.

doublelady, Nov 24, 2011
  5. catlover2

kat74 Active Member

Cats where I come from are needed by almost all country homesteads to chase away rats. So most of the cats are gotten from the next door neighbor whom cat got kittens. My daughter fell in love with our cat from her step aunts place. So we haven't rescued any yet.

kat74, Nov 24, 2011
  6. catlover2

luvmypets Member

Yes! I rescued Thomas on my honey moon. My honeymoon baby is still alive and well and the marriage ended long ago.

Thomas and his two sisters were still being nursed by Mama. When I brought food they quickly learned to eat on their own. We rescued the 3 babies and tried hard to rescue Mama but she was just to evasive. Thomas will be 15 in March. The sister stayed together and went to live on a farm. Really... they did.

I adopted Oliver from the shelter.

I love love love my boys.

luvmypets, Nov 27, 2011
  7. catlover2

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Every cat I ever had has been a rescue, either a stray or born to a stray. Trinity was from a shelter and her rescue was pretty drama filled, I went to the shelter with intentions of adopting a different cat, lilly, but someone had already adopted Lilly the previous evening, at first i was being told "Lilly is no longer here" and I kept asking "what does that mean! did you kill her!" because i knew Lilly was on that mornings euthanization list. I was already in melt down mode watching so many people surrendering cats, most claiming the cats where not theirs that they had found the cats. I sent a text message to a friend that Lilly was already adopted, he started sending me names and ID numbers of other cats on that mornings euthanization list and all where coming up as having been adopted. When I gave the receptionist Trinity's ID number, he took off running calling to someone to pull her off the euthanization list. He comes back to me and says, she is still here, but she is sick, at that point I would not have cared how sick she was. I was taking her home no matter what. Then I am told I need to leave 100 dollars as a deposit for her spay appointment, I didn't have a hundred dollars, I called my mom and asked to use her credit card. My friend had already said he would send her back the 100 dollars when I told him Via text what was happening. Mom flipped out asked what the @#%$ I was doing at a shelter in harlem and told me to stay the @#%$ off Facebook ( that's where I found out the cat Lilly was scheduled to be killed that morning) after a lot of tears and as immature as it was..foot stomping, which mom couldn't see through the phone anyway, mom agreed to put the deposit on her credit card.

Micheleteresa, Dec 3, 2011
    luvmypets likes this.
  8. catlover2

roxfan003 New Member

In a way I saved my cat. A woman on Craigslist had saved a pregnant stray who ended up having three kittens. I ended up taking one of them, because I was sure that they were going to end up in the shelter as so many do.

roxfan003, Dec 8, 2011
  9. catlover2

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Yes, we have two out of the 6 that we have saved. They was left in a house that a woman up and left the rental house. She just left all the animals in the house, and took off with out paying rent, feeding the animals or anything. Broke my heart, they are so sweet and cute to.

Wahcashmom, Dec 9, 2011
  10. catlover2

Alli Well-Known Member

I saved my boy cat- he was an abandoned kitty in a fast-food restaurant parking lot. I was worried he would be run over, so I took him to my place for a few days "until I can find him a good home"- well, he thought my home was a good one! I finally caved and paid the pet deposit at my apartment so I could keep him.

Alli, Dec 22, 2011
  11. catlover2

amy005 Well-Known Member

I saved my kitten. He was attacked by my friends dog and ended up losing an eye. He was still so adorable and so helpless I couldn't help but to take him in. He ended up being too much for me to handle so my fiancees mom is now taking care of him.

amy005, Dec 22, 2011
  12. catlover2

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

All my cats, except the Persians of course, are strays I picked up from the market. Some heartless people abandon them there. Sometimes, even little kittens which are still suckling.

Victor Leigh, Dec 25, 2011
Ask a Question