crazy cat lady

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by TabithaW, Jun 17, 2012.

1. TabithaW

TabithaW Member

This is being billed as the "crazy cat-lady starter kit" and is available at IKEA. I just love it and have 2 of them. I leave 2 holes in each one empty for my cats to sleep in. If they decide they want to sleep in a different hole they will get inside of a full hole & push my things out of it. Isn't that just like a cat?
    catlady.jpg

TabithaW, Jun 17, 2012
  2. TabithaW

violino Well-Known Member

Ekhm.. as for me it looks just like... shelves? :cool:
    But I can imagine your cats pushing your things out, haha! How dare you keep YOUR stuff in THEIR sleeping pleces :D

violino, Jun 17, 2012
  3. TabithaW

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Very interesting setup there. So do you cats have their favorite cubby holes, so to say? Or they rotate? How about the pecking order? Do the senior cats sleep on the top floor while the lower ranks occupy the lower shelves?

Victor Leigh, Jun 17, 2012
  4. TabithaW

Mystique Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised that IKEA came up with something like that. I just hope IKEA isn't chopping down trees in Russia anymore, simply for the sake of getting cheap wood to make their furniture.

I don't think I'll invest in one. My cats, the ones that I can remember of (and of course, the current cats I have) never sleep in cupboards or boxes. The couch, beds, and bar stools are their favourite places to sleep. Hehe.. I don't have to worry about my cats pushing my stuff off things!

Mystique, Jun 19, 2012
  5. TabithaW

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!

My cats would just push things out of the way, too. The older one has no issues pushing books over if she wants to sleep on a bookshelf...or anything else for that matter actually.

Jessi, Jun 20, 2012
  6. TabithaW

tajnz Well-Known Member

What an interesting set up.:) I wish there was an IKEA in New Zealand. They are actually contemplating opening one. The uni must provide plenty of storage and some comfy spots for your cats. It's cute that your cats just push out the items in the area they want to sleep in. My cat would just sit on top of or next to the stuff, depending on how comfy the contents were.

tajnz, Jun 20, 2012
  7. TabithaW

Jessi Well-Known Member

I don't have an IKEA near me either.

It'd be pretty easy to put something together like this on your actually. Or even just buying a few short book cases/cubby hole units and putting them side-by-side would be the same idea. :)

Jessi, Jun 20, 2012
  8. TabithaW

tajnz Well-Known Member

I remember driving to the airport to go home while on vacation in America and seeing a huge IKEA store. It was massive and bigger than other depo styled stores. Your right it could be a good project to make my own. That way I can design it and customize it to fit the space I'm thinking of. Plus my dad loves these sort of projects and it might be a nice activicty to do together. :)

tajnz, Jun 21, 2012
Ask a Question