Coincidence or weird

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by nikki, Aug 22, 2012.

1. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

That there is typically always a Chinese food joint next to or in the same shopping center as a veterinarian clinic? Ive noticed that more and more Im seeing the two paired together and its disturbing in a weird way.

nikki, Aug 22, 2012
  2. nikki

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

I'd lean more towards coincidence. I don't know where you live but I think it would be very difficult to smuggle over cats or something from the clinic next door to eat at the Chinese place. Perhaps is related to property value? A lot of small businesses look for good locations but low priced. You'd think a vet clinic would be in spots with a pretty high priced lease, but sadly when people lack money in hard times vet costs are one of the things cut. So they likely are both just taking advantage of the leasing costs would be my most reasonable guess off the top of my head. I can't say I see that too often where I've been.

The couple times it has been true there are things like a grocery or banks etc near which could create traffic for both businesses. People more likely to get take out or take their pet to the vet in same location they grocery shop since they are familiar with it and all.

QuatreHiead, Aug 22, 2012
  3. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

true. my friend brought it up and so we started watching for the pair together. Seems every time theres a vet theres a chinese place right there! I do chalk it up to cooincidence also and highly doubt theres anything funny going on but it sure doesnt help the jikes and assumptions any!

nikki, Aug 24, 2012
  4. nikki

steph84 Well-Known Member

There is also a vet and a chinese food place at our local shopping center. We always make jokes about it, but we still eat there. I think it's just a coincidence and it's just that.

steph84, Aug 26, 2012
  5. nikki

Beth23 Well-Known Member

Not here in CT. I am familiar with all the vets offices in our area and there is no Chinese food places within a few miles of them. Its probably just a coincidence in your area.

Tisha

Beth23, Sep 3, 2012
  6. nikki

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

I would definitely have to say that it's just a coincidence, an unfortunate one but probably a coincidence. Where I live there are two Chinese food places and the nearest vet is at least 5 miles from either of them.

msmonkeyfeet, Sep 11, 2012
  7. nikki

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I've never noticed this where I live. For what it's worth, I have two friends that worked at a Chinese restaurant in our area, they get their ingredients from the same distributors as all the other restaurants around here. The notion of them running around catching stray cats is kind of silly really, and more of a stereotype.

OhioTom76, Sep 21, 2012
  8. nikki

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I live in a part of Miami where there is a large Chinese population and a bunch of Chinese restaurants and stores within a few blocks of each other. The nearest veterinarian is 4 miles away. I think the proximity of Chinese restaurants to vets is a coincidence in the OP's neighborhood but not everywhere.

ACSAPA, Jul 5, 2013
  9. nikki

Trellum Well-Known Member

This post made me feel kinda sick... I go to a chinese food restaurant very often (twice a month to be more exact), I absolutely love chinese food. But I really don't want to think they might be... yikes! I wish I hadn't read this, lol, I just had lunch!! Ah well, over here I haven't really seen chinese food restaurants with a veterinary clinic nearby, but in the places you can see this... I'd assume that's just a HUGE coincidence! By the way... in some asian cultures is very common to eat dogs. Just saying! They do it openly tho.

Trellum, Oct 10, 2013
Ask a Question