Chubby cat

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Katt, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Katt

Katt Member

One of my cats (the male) has put on some serious weight in the last few months. He looks cute but I think it has started to affect his health.
    What is the best way for him to lose some weight, having in mind that I can't cut back on his rations as he would just eat my other cat's food?

Katt, Mar 12, 2015
  2. Katt

Trellum Well-Known Member

That is a big problem, sorry, but there is no other way for your cat to lose weight than eating less. You will have to be careful when you feed the other and only give him enough food he can eat at once, otherwise if you leave it there your overweight cat will go after it.

Trellum, Mar 14, 2015
  3. Katt

Katt Member

I bought him diet food for cats. He doesn't even bother to smell it. Ironically, my other cat enjoys it.
    The problem is in some days I just have to leave them food as I get home pretty late.

Katt, Mar 14, 2015
  4. Katt

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Oh, I can relate. Our Herman has always been on the larger size. I mean you know you have a large cat, when the first time someone sees her and they gasp in amazement! :oops: Or they pull out their iPhone and snap a picture! Now, that she is older, we have had to really portion her food. We recently changed her over from dry to canned food and she gets smaller portions through out the course of the day. As Trellum, cautioned you will have to watch out for your cat eating the other cats food! Cats can be so tricky. Herman use to eat our Eddie's food first and save hers for later and she so knew what she was doing! Now we set Eddie's food up at a higher level out of Herman's reach. I really think Herman has lost some weight in the last couple of months! Quite frankly, we were getting quite concerned over weight gain and her ability to reach certain areas of her body to clean. Now we celebrate when we see her being more flexible in bending!

Herman&Eddie, Apr 2, 2015
Ask a Question