Cats with Colds

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by pafjlh, Dec 20, 2014.

1. pafjlh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Anyone know what to do about this. All five of my cats apparently have head colds. Each of them have been sneezing, a few have been coughing, one even seems to have watery eyes. So far all five appear to still be eating and still seem a playful as before. Yes, these are outdoor cats and no doubt the cold isn't helping matters. Also, the air quality in my area isn't that good either. It seems like a whole lot of people are having sinus issues. Anyway, should I be concerned about this, and what should I look out for. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

pafjlh, Dec 20, 2014
  2. pafjlh

cassie New Member

If you notice a bump start to form on any of their noses, talk to a vet as this could be a sign of a sinus infection. Also if they sneeze any green or yellow snot.

cassie, Mar 1, 2015
  3. pafjlh

Trellum Well-Known Member

Agree with Cassie, sinus infections in cats are something really serious that a vet need to treat. So stay alert and try to see if their condition worsens.

Trellum, Mar 10, 2015
  4. pafjlh

Anne Well-Known Member

Anne, Mar 10, 2015
  5. pafjlh

Katt Member

Also check their noses if they are wet and not pale. They should be able to get better on their own, or maybe they just need some heat

Katt, Mar 12, 2015
  6. pafjlh

zozo90 New Member

If you have a cat that is coughing, you need to take it to the vet. If discharge coming from the nose or eyes is not perfectly clear, infection could be present. Your cats might need an antibiotic to be on the safe side. If any of these cats stops drinking or eating, go to the vet right away. Cats health can deteriorate rapidly.

zozo90, Apr 16, 2015
Ask a Question