Cats with Allergies?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SheWolfSilver, Mar 6, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Does anyone here know of a cat having allergies or hayfever? Tigger started sneezing the other day and at first I thought he might have just got dust up his nose or something. He's perfectly healthy and vaccinated so I know he's not sick. The other day on the news they were warning people about the pollen being high so could this be Tigger's problem also?

SheWolfSilver, Mar 6, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Not too sure about that. All I do know is that my cats are allergic to the sound of the rice pot being opened. Just one quiet clang and they are all over the place, meowing for their share of the booty.

Victor Leigh, Mar 7, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

KimmyMarkks Active Member

I have a cat who sneezes all the time. It is actually quite gross. One of his eyes is bad (I don't think he can see out of it) and he has a lot of breathing problems.
    I feel bad for him, we gave him medicine and took him to the doctor but nothing seems to be a permanent solution.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 24, 2015
  4. SheWolfSilver

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Yes cats can be allergic to pollen. I hope kitty is feeling better. Cats sneeze for many different reasons.
    If there are no other symptoms then you shouldn't worry too much but if eyes are running or there is a nasal
    discharge then you many want to have kitty checked out.

Susan Brown, Feb 3, 2016
  5. SheWolfSilver

Trellum Well-Known Member

I'm sure cats can have allergies just like humans do, after all we are not that different ;) My Bob seems to suffer from allergic right before autumn and right before spring, just like i do.

Trellum, Feb 3, 2016
Ask a Question