Cats Rule!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SallyintheValley41, Jan 20, 2012.

1. SallyintheValley41

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

I actually love all animals and have owned both dogs, cats and fish (well really not an animal but something to care for) but I have to say my heart belongs to cats. I love their independent nature, their capacity for showing affection while still maintaining dignity and control, and their ability to make me smile.
    As different in nature as human beings are, I have 2 male cats who are 7 and 2. The oldest one, Romeo who is a big boy at 18 pounds has never wanted to be cuddled, picked up and held for more than 3 seconds and was inclined to bite me if I over-stimulated him with excessive petting. This caused me distress at times, but I learned to spot the signs -- (one eye blinking as his pupils grew large) to avoid a quick bite!
    Then I adopted Riff 2 years ago who is a cuddly, sweet, affectionate guy who will tolerate anything I want to do in the form of petting and holding without the merest thought of bringing any harm to me. At last! Now I have the 2 big toms (Riff is 16 pounds) who make my life fun and interesting.
    Cats Rule!
    Tell me about your cat's personalities.

SallyintheValley41, Jan 20, 2012
  2. SallyintheValley41

magickat Well-Known Member

Cats definitely rule! pawsie is my big black tom cat and he is almost a year old. I helped him out when he was being born and he was a bit of a sickly kitten so I used to feed him kitten milk from a tiny bowl. He has grown up to be huge but is so affectionate and loyal, he follows me everywhere! His sister Savvy is very sweet and gentle but seems to be in a world of her own a lot of the time. She is also extremely talkative, as is my black kitten Blackberry, who loves to play and hide. My other kitten Tiger-Paws is very sweet and loves to come for cuddles when she is tired, purring so loudly.

magickat, Jan 20, 2012
Ask a Question