Cats on the door

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Jessi, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

We've talked about it a few times here about how my sister's cat loves sitting on top of the door. It's bizarre and she struggles to get down, but she loves it.

I have never seen a cat do it quite like this, though:

[​IMG]

Jessi, Aug 23, 2012
  2. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That is a weird picture ,and the cat being ghostly white and having that spooky red eyeshine makes it even crazier. It looks like this little guy is trying to do a headstand on top of the door.

ACSAPA, Aug 24, 2012
  3. Jessi

Beth23 Well-Known Member

Eww this would scare the life out of me. The cat looks possessed. Imagine walking in your room and there is your cat doing a hand stand on top of the door.

Beth23, Aug 26, 2012
  4. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

None of my cats like to explore higher places. The highest they will go is on top of the couch or my recliner. While it is cute, I guess I lucked out because I don't need them accessing any other places to throw stuff around. My cousin's cat likes to climb up her curtains and sit on the curtain rod.

steph84, Aug 27, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol, no doubt!

I'm betting this was just a well-timed picture, though. As in, the cat was trying to turn around or was in the process of getting down and this happened to be the moment in transition that was caught on camera.

Jessi, Aug 27, 2012
  6. Jessi

footballtim Well-Known Member

My Bengal, Phoebe did this several months ago. She actually ended up scaring herself, because she sat up there on top of the door and meowed for us to get her down. If I remember correctly, she did it twice and never again.

footballtim, Sep 6, 2012
  7. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

My buddies cat did this. He has thick door frames and the cat would run up there whenever a stranger came over, then drop on the person as they were walking through the doorway and bounce off of them. I guess he was kind of playing like an "attack cat" or something.

OhioTom76, Sep 24, 2012
Ask a Question