Cats in the fridge

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wouldn't dare let mine in intentionally, but I suppose if it somehow happened accidentally, I might stop to take a picture.

Jessi, Jul 16, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. Jessi

Rasputin Member

I would hope no one would put a cat in a fridge in purpose but it is pretty funny when they do it themselves and quite picture worthy as well. lol

Rasputin, Jul 17, 2012
  3. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how much food got dropped on the floor when they were trying to get the cats out of the fridge? :p

Their shenanigans definitely make for cute photos, though.

ACSAPA, Jul 17, 2012
  4. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Cats obviously live up to the stereotype of being quite curious, so I'm sure they just jump in when the door is left open a little too long.

Yes! Lol. You know they wouldn't want to just come out on their own. I'm sure this one caused a mess especially:

[​IMG]

Jessi, Jul 17, 2012
  5. Jessi

Rasputin Member

Curiosity could be a factor but I was thinking they just like new places to hide. lol

Rasputin, Jul 17, 2012
  6. Jessi

S.O. Price Active Member

These were great pictures! lol. I remember when one of my cats was a kitten she tried to jump in the fridge. I didn't let her of course. I also remember there was a time that I couldn't find her. I actually opened up the fridge to see if somehow she got in there, but she (thankfully) was not in there. Kitties sure can hide if they really want to. Eventually she did show up.

S.O. Price, Jul 18, 2012
  7. Jessi

blackcapped Active Member

One of my cats used to love to get inside of the refrigerator. She seemed to grow out of it over time, but when she was younger, she would immediately dash for the refrigerator once the door was open. You always had to take out your drinks/food and then take the cat out as well. It was always an amusing thought.

blackcapped, Jul 18, 2012
    S.O. Price likes this.
  8. Jessi

dconklin Active Member

The little guy in my avatar here did this when he was still a kitten, many years ago. I had people over and this was when I still at my parents house. Somebody opened the fridge to get something out and never saw him sneak passed them. We went back to playing our game of whatever we were playing (this was 17 years ago so I don't remember some details) and my Dad comes inside. He walks to the fridge to get something out and here comes Peppi stretching as he is walking out of the fridge! No idea how all of us missed him going in there, but my Dad had a chuckle and asked me why the cat was in the fridge. Poor little guy, he wasn't so curious about the fridge after that. I don't have a picture tho.

dconklin, Jul 18, 2012
  9. Jessi

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

lol! These are adorable. Yes, I must agree I would never let a cat in my fridge intentionally. I suppose I can see how it could occur accidentally, especially when I'm in the cooking mode. Sometimes we can lose track for minute and not pay attention. And they can be so darn smart nowadays!

Just as a couple examples...

QuatreHiead, Jul 18, 2012
    blackcapped and Becky like this.
  10. Jessi

blackcapped Active Member

These are such cute videos. Thanks for sharing!

I love how the cat in the second video is doing all of this with someone waving a camera around. My cats are much more secretive than that. So funny.

blackcapped, Jul 19, 2012
  11. Jessi

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

Yes, yes! That's true. I always wonder how people manage to get videos of their cats doing these things. I've only ever had the sneaky ones that I would have to install a secret video camera somewhere because they are too smart for their own good. Every time they seem me run for the camera or phone they immediately stop whatever amazingly adorable thing they are doing and go to innocent I'm bathing myself or napping mode. It's so frustrating! Hell, even the 24/7 video feed may not be enough. I could envision having that cat that's like in the kids movies of talking dogs and cats etc where they notice it and disarm it when I'm out. Yep, would definitely be my luck. Smart suckers.

QuatreHiead, Jul 22, 2012
Ask a Question