Cats in Kennel

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by p885, Nov 18, 2015.

1. p885

p885 Member

Do you think cats should be put in a kennel at night?[​IMG]

p885, Nov 18, 2015
  2. p885

RealDMat Well-Known Member

So--if this is in reference to kitties getting a bit wild at night, I would def say no. My kitties still get wild at night, as it is their nature--but, they used to be much wilder. When they got to make it to where I couldn't sleep, I just closed my bedroom door and let them have free reign of the rest of the house. Worse comes to worse, you can put them in a certain room at night, but, a kennel would be way too confining. But, don't worry, when I first started owning kitties, the same thought had crossed my mind, as well. You just have to realize, that nightime is hunting and playing time for kitties. To enclose them would be bad...

RealDMat, Nov 19, 2015
  3. p885

MER Well-Known Member

To crate a cat at all breaks my heart. That was basically the breaking point for me when we got Gemma. We went to a pet store to buy some bird feed and the cashier had this 8 week old kitten on his shoulders. I held the kitten and she went to sleep in my arms. About 30 minutes later, we tried to put the cat in cage at the store and she just went wild trying to get back out and to me. I saw her desparately trying to get out and I just said okay, we'll take her. Poor thing! Now she's a bit of a 1 year old fat cat who only likes me when its convenient for her. I love her all the same because Rosco is my affectionate bud. :eek:)

My wife decided to close the door to our bedroom because she doesn't like the cats laying up against her at night. I love the cats sleeping with us (when they do decide to sleep). Other times we're like fair gain to them racing around and over us as they play.

MER, Nov 23, 2015
  4. p885

mimio Active Member

NO. Just follow its nature

mimio, Nov 24, 2015
  5. p885

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

No I do not. I don't believe in locking up an animal at night. Both my kitties sleep with me and I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way. Some times they do get into things through the night but nothing that I would ever even consider locking him up for.

Susan Brown, Nov 25, 2015
  6. p885

KimmyMarkks Active Member

I also don't believe in leaving the car in a kennel at night time. I think that since cats are house trained there is no reason to put them in a cage over night. I try to imagine if I was put in a cage every night, therefore I don't put my animals in a cage. I think it is okay on the other hand to confine them to 1 room during the night time, as long as there is water, food and a litter box.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 25, 2015
  7. p885

djordjem87 Member

If you have a cat that is used to it it is ok. My cats are freelancers and i do not own a kennel. Personally, my opinion is that cats are very sensitive about being locked up. These are not only my cats. We share them, my uncle and my family because it is the same household but two different houses. My uncle found them and we play by his rules. If i had my own cat i would keep it indoors. Of course , regular walks and outside time is a must and that wouldn't be a problem.

djordjem87, Nov 26, 2015
Ask a Question