Cat shaming anyone?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I've always enjoyed a lot the cat shaming pics I find on Pinterest, I love them! I've never done that with Bob, but who knows maybe one day I'll join the trend... maybe the next time he does something naughty in our new house ;) Meanwhile, here are some of my fav cat shaming pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trellum, Apr 29, 2015
  2. Trellum

erik Well-Known Member

Haha this is really funny. I was not aware there was such a thing as cat shaming! I might as well join the bandwagon in my future post :)

erik, May 6, 2015
  3. Trellum

Bloomsie Active Member

Oh my goodness, I laughed so hard at most of these! I think these Cat Shaming photos are absolutely phenomenal and 100% true. I actually had a picture myself of my cat sitting on my knee very awkwardly and looked very strange. I took a picture of him because I had never seen this reaction from him, but then after I heard yelling downstairs, I realized that he had something to do with it!

My boyfriend had bought me a bouquet of flowers and this little guy had probably been jealous that there was another man in my life and pushed the vase off the table and it shattered all over the floor. My dad had screamed from downstairs at the mess (and thankfully was wearing shoes when he stepped into the mess, too)! He had run upstairs to me to pretend like he had nothing to do with it and create an alibi that he was with me the whole time! That sneaky cat! Here's the picture that I took of him that day:

[​IMG]

So yes, I totally believe in Cat Shaming! It's so adorable and they need to be taught a lesson somehow! :p

Bloomsie, May 8, 2015
    Trellum likes this.
  4. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

The worst out of Kitty Kiss is he can't figure out what to do with a mouse once he catches. He has put them in his food bowl, on my computer desk, twice inside the dog food container, and several other places that I don't want to find the tail end of a mouse. Apparently, the head is his favorite part. But, hey, at least he's catching them. We live out in the country so we get field mice really bad if we don't have a cat or two around.

LilAnn, May 20, 2015
  5. Trellum

LOL, omg!!!! Really? So he likes to hide them in several places :D Oh my, as long as he doesn't put them in the bed all is ok ;) I know a couple who has a cat who catches mice very often, he used to bring them home, they always yelled at him for that. As far as I know he hasn't brought any in the house, I think he eats a lot of them though, because there are days he doesn't touch his food bowl.

Trellum, May 21, 2015
  6. Trellum

Hahahaha, that got to be one of the most funny stories ever, lol. I loooooooooooooove the expression on your cat face, you can tell he is so guilty of all the things he is being accused of... He is looking at you like saying: You do believe me, do you?. Hahahaha! By the way, is this the first time your cat does something like this? I've noticed a lot cat owners complain of cats knocking glasses of water off.

Trellum, May 21, 2015
  7. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

He caught one in the bathroom last night. I watched him do it. He acted like he didnt know where he was or what he was doing... with a mouse tail hanging out of his mouth. He took it to his food bowl, then his litter box, and then left it on the floor next to the door. You could tell he was so mad when I took it . He obviously thought I should leave it alone...

LilAnn, May 22, 2015
  8. Trellum

ellie Active Member

These pictures are so adorable and funny! I can't imagine waking up to a half dead mouse in my mouth! I'm happy to say that Tink is doesn't really do anything I could shame her for, with the exception of the occasional scratch...okay, she destroyed two couches and a record player when we first got her. And she swipes at the dogs for no good reason. Sometimes she purposely poops next to the litter box if it hasn't been cleaned to her liking (even if it's perfectly clean). And she will meow until you go crazy if her food dish is below half full....

I should shame her. I should totally shame her.

ellie, May 26, 2015
  9. Trellum

Bloomsie Active Member

Yes, it was his first time doing this! Sometimes he would "eat" the plants, but now, he doesn't even do any of the above. He doesn't even go near anything that has flowers or is glass-like. I am not sure how he knows if it's "safe" or not, but he just knows what to stay away from! Hahaha!

Bloomsie, Jun 10, 2015
  10. Trellum

Hahaha, well, at least this served as a lesson to him ;) Smart cat! A lot cats keep doing the same over and over, as if they were proving their owners patience, lol. My Bob just knocked a glass of water that was near my laptop, long story short... I now have to get a new keyboard, but might take a while because couldn't get one in my language here, the person at the workshop is ordering it from china! Which I find odd, because come on! A keyboard in my language from china?! LOL!!! I guess chinese people are into everything!

Trellum, Jun 10, 2015
  11. Trellum

Hahahaah! Yes, the littler bit really requires you to shame her ;) She is miss picky pants! Miss perfecionist! Hehehe, you chould definitely cat shame her about that ;) I should shame my Bob for ruining my laptop keyboard, now I have to wait 3 weeks for one to get from china, because I couldn't find one in my language here :( I never thought I'd need to order a keyboard in my language from CHINA!!!!

Trellum, Jun 10, 2015
  12. Trellum

Hahahaha! That is so funny!!!!! i wonder why he doesn't eat them? My in laws cat doesn't seem to have any problem when it comes to eating the mice he catches, he devours many he catches in the fields, because in the Netherlands there is a problem with mice in the fields. So there are plenty of them. I think he eats plenty of them, so much he no longer needs to be feed at home!

Trellum, Jun 10, 2015
  13. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Well, he eats part of it. I guess might want to split it with one of us? The best is when he's really freaking out over it, he runs around, mouse tail dangling from his mouth, and runs super fast for 3 or 4 feet, and then stop, growl, maybe a hiss if a dog is too close, and them vanishes

LilAnn, Jun 10, 2015
  14. Trellum

Hahahahaa! Priceless!!! I'd not change my cat for anything, you see what kind of entertainment they offer to us ;p LOL, I bet that scene is super funny every time it happens!

Trellum, Jun 11, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  15. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I would trade family members before I would my cat. I'm not even kidding, either. Lol

The first time he caught a mouse, my husband saw him run away with, so he went to grab it and dispose of it. A few seconds later he comes out with kitty kiss in one hand, half a mouse in his other hand, and kitty kiss has half a mouse in his mouth, and he claws in my husband's hand. He was NOT going to let go of his mouth!

LilAnn, Jun 12, 2015
  16. Trellum

Lol, oh my!!!! How was the realtionship between kitty kiss and your husband after that? Hehehe, no tension at all? My mom got furious at Bob when he scratched her the first time. Those two can't get along so well since then.

Trellum, Jun 13, 2015
  17. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

The cat and my husband tolerate each other. It's not like they hate each other, they just prefer to not sit together and cuddle. But since then, its the same. We've all had to take a mouse away from him. I think he might get mad and for a minute or two.

LilAnn, Jun 14, 2015
  18. Trellum

Oh lol, so in short there is some tension in the relationship. Similar to me and my in laws ;) Oh well, at least they can be in the same room ;)

Trellum, Jun 15, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  19. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Haha no kidding!
    He used to hang out in my husband's lap. Then he discovered mine, and that's the end of that. I have more cushion than my husband.
    The moral of THAT story is I will never expect a cat to be loyal. I think meaty thighs and me being the one that feeds them is the reason he tolerates me.

LilAnn, Jun 18, 2015
  20. Trellum

Lol!! Same with my in laws cat, he is not a friendly cat at all, he grew up in the streets and is very unfriendly. For starters, he never lies on someone's lap, no even the in laws!

But he does lie next to them or places his head on their lap. He totally dislikes my fiance, he has scratched him several times, because he never retracts his claws while playing!!! lol!! He is mean and wild! So is my fiance, lol, just kidding! If he was an animal he'd be a golden retriver :p He is very gentle. But yes, the cat is soooooooooo kind to the in laws!!! Because they feed him! But then he acts all nice when they have been gone for a while. I think he does love them in his own selfish feline way :D

Trellum, Jun 19, 2015
Ask a Question