Cat puts baby to sleep

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Awwww!

I love how at the end, the cat looks at the camera with a mixed look of "Finally!" and "Why didn't you do this yourself??" Hehe.

Jessi, Nov 30, 2012
  2. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Very unusual behavior for a cat. Personally I wouldn't recommend that anyone try it at home unless they are absolutely sure that their cat is reliable enough. I know for sure my mother would scream if she sees me putting a cat anywhere near any of her baby grandchildren.

Victor Leigh, Dec 2, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!

I doubt they intentionally put the cat there in order to do this. It's more likely just the scenario that came up. And if the household already has cats, then most people aren't going to force them away from the baby constantly either. This cat is obviously calm and not trying to hurt the baby, so no harm done.

Jessi, Dec 2, 2012
  4. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Yes, I can see that.

I am not saying it's a put-up job. Just saying that it's rather unusual to see a cat doing that. Not saying that a cat won't be able to do that. Just haven't seen any doing that yet.

Probably my observations are also influenced by the general attitude to cats around where I live. Cats, to the people here, are, first and foremost, mousers. That's the first thing they look for when choosing a cat. A cat as a babysitter is the furthest thing from their mind, if the thought even occurs to them in the first place.

Victor Leigh, Dec 2, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

If that's unusual, how do you like this one then:

[​IMG]

Rockabye baby? I'm sure the cat is just checking to see what's in the rocker...give it a sniff or two....but it's still a nicely timed gif that makes it look like she is rocking the baby to sleep.

Jessi, Dec 4, 2012
  6. Jessi

Crazy4Cats Active Member

This is really cute, the cat was gently trying to get this baby to go to sleep and finally did. Makes a great babysitter, haha.

Crazy4Cats, Dec 6, 2012
Ask a Question