Cat Peeing on Leather Furniture

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by iluvmisha, Jun 13, 2014.

1. iluvmisha

iluvmisha Member

Please help !! I don't know what to do. I have a 2.5 year old Bengal girl. She is 4th generation wild. She's a lovey, sweetie pie. But she has peed a few times on the couch, and 1 of the leather chairs. She also peed on the couch downstairs. We have used all kinds of cleaners, Nature's Miracle has been the best. We even took the cushions out of the couch, washed them, left them outside a couple days to dry, and finally put them back in the cushions ( NOT FUN ) last night. She has 2 sisters, so there are 2 litter boxes downstairs.... one regular, and one is the litter robot. The regular one gets scooped daily. She also goes outside every day, and I have seen her pee outside quite a bit.
    What i'm getting at is there really is nothing we can do to get all the odor off of the couch & chair. This set wasn't cheap, and we are ready to dump it and get a new living room set. Here is my question. What can I do to PREVENT her from going on this new set, because my Father will flip out if he buys a new set and she does it again. He is so P*ssed, he wants me to get rid of her. I'm freakin out here.

iluvmisha, Jun 13, 2014
  2. iluvmisha

Becky Well-Known Member

Oh no, really sorry to hear that! I'd say that making the new couch seem horrible to her would be your best bet. You could lay aluminum foil along them when you are not there perhaps? Something she wouldn't want to jump on and would get a fright. Perhaps also consider getting her something to climb on which she prefers?

Becky, Jun 16, 2014
    iluvmisha likes this.
  3. iluvmisha

iluvmisha Member

Yes, maybe the aluminum foil might work...... she does have a cat scratch tree in the living room also, lol.

iluvmisha, Jun 16, 2014
  4. iluvmisha

muning Member

Our cats are also into digging their claws and peeing on upholstered furniture. It was inevitable that we had to decide, which ones should go - the cats or the upholstered furniture. We ended up selling the furniture and buying a replacement made from hardwood. The cushioned seats and lazyboy chairs are in a locked room which doubles as a library. We do not allow the cats to be alone in that area. Although accidents happen, it is not as frequent as the ones in exposed rooms.

muning, Sep 11, 2014
  5. iluvmisha

iluvmisha Member

That sounds great.... we just went almost 3 months with no peeing, then all of a sudden this week she started again. Unfortunately, this is the couch & chair in the living room so we cannot shut a door. :(

iluvmisha, Sep 12, 2014
Ask a Question