Cat mysteries

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by icekat, May 26, 2015.

1. icekat

icekat Active Member

I am a mystery fanatic. In fact, when I have any spare time, my favorite thing to do is curl up with my cats and read a cozy mystery story. I discovered a series by Lillian Jackson Braun, called "The Cat Who..." There are twenty something books in the series, and I want to read all of them. They are so good! Has anyone else read about the kitties named, Coco and YumYum? If so, what do you think of this series?

icekat, May 26, 2015
  2. icekat

Trellum Well-Known Member

Cat mysteries? I haven't heard from them, mind to elaborate a bit more on what kind of stories those are? I also like mystery, so who knows, if I like what you describe I might actually check those out.

Trellum, May 27, 2015
    icekat likes this.
  3. icekat

icekat Active Member

Oh they're just the sweetest books, and very clean, which I like. The mysteries center around a reporter named Jim Quilleran, and his two siamese cats, Koko and Yumyum. Koko is the genius who alerts Jim to certain things, which leads to the solving of the crimes They are campy, of course, but the mysteries are quite good and challenging, and they always make sense.Lillian Jackson Braun had quite the writing span. The first book was published in the late 60's, and the last one in 2008!

icekat, May 28, 2015
  4. icekat

Trellum Well-Known Member

Wow! It does sound like the kind of books I likes reading, Lillian sounds like a really bright writer! I haven't read her books (I will soon), but from what you just wrote I can tell she is all that and much more. Very nice!

Trellum, May 28, 2015
    icekat likes this.
Ask a Question