Cat lovers at ComicCon2015

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kay Dougall, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Kay Dougall

Kay Dougall Well-Known Member

Just survived our Boise Public Library's 2015 ComicCon. As an Idaho author/illustrator, they gave me a free table to promote my illustrated children's book. I was so much fun to find all the serious CAT LOVERS out there, and share stories of our furkids. Here's a photo of my 17-year old Vanguard tuxie cat and me, dressed in our finest black and white. 'Course, Vanguard didn't go in person to ComicCon, he went as a cardboard, oversized, flower-munching avatar that sat on our table. And of course, no ComicCon is complete without a Furry or two!
    112.JPG
    083.JPG .

Kay Dougall, Sep 6, 2015
    Becky likes this.
  2. Kay Dougall

Becky Well-Known Member

Looking good there @Kay Dougall! I hope you had an excellent time :D

Becky, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Kay Dougall

Trellum Well-Known Member

Looking great, Kay! I must confess I have never been to comic con, but I would love to :) It sounds like a lot fun. A friend of mine goes there so often, he and his friends love to dress up. Sadly I don't feel confident about my body right now (my treatment has made me put on a lot weight in just one year :( ). Anyways, thanks for sharing, your boy is adorable!!! Just like in the avatar!!!

Trellum, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Kay Dougall

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Looking awesome Kay!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
    Thank you for sharing your pictures with us! I, too, wish that
    I was more confident in myself to do such a thing!

Susan Brown, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Kay Dougall

Kay Dougall Well-Known Member

Hi Susan,
    I kind of like the philosophy of the Foxy Lady--just wear a mask and no body knows who you are. I talked to an older couple who went to their first comicon a year ago. They felt uncomfortable because they weren't dressed up, so I guess the moral of the story is: "the best way to fit in is to dress up." I told my son that I was going to sew a large black cat Furry costume. He told me he would be very embarrassed and wouldn't hang around with me. I told him that no one needs to know that it's your mother.

Kay Dougall, Sep 9, 2015
Ask a Question