Cat litter face mask

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Jessi, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Apr 3, 2012
  2. Jessi

Becky Well-Known Member

Love this quote:
    Seems like a good idea! Certainly a lot cheaper than going to the spa :D

Becky, Apr 4, 2012
  3. Jessi

magickat Well-Known Member

I really wasn't sure what to expect when I saw the title of this post! Certainly very frugal in these tough financial times :)

magickat, Apr 10, 2012
  4. Jessi

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

I can understand how it would help, but I really don't think I'd be able to manage doing it. I would feel awkward. I would imagine the cat is confused on whether or not it's a litter box for them or not. They would know that it's their master's face, but at the same point, there's cat litter there.

dkramarczyk, Apr 13, 2012
  5. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

It's all fine and dandy until the cat decides to do it's business on your face one day! :-D

OhioTom76, Sep 13, 2012
  6. Jessi

Viola Member

You know, I love a good home remedy or recipe but I don't think I could do this one. I think the biggest problem would be the smell of the litter to begin with because, after 16 years with cats, that aroma has been mixed with some pretty disgusting other 'aromas' in my brain. Smell is our strongest sense to trigger memory, after all. I like my spa treatments not to trigger my gag reflex. ;)

Viola, Sep 15, 2012
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Viola, I hadn't actually thought about it that way. You're right, though. I guess straight from the container, it's not that bad, but I definitely associate it with less than pleasant odors, too.

Jessi, Sep 16, 2012
  8. Jessi

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

wow! That's something that I haven't heard of before. I loved the list of ingredients: "A glass of wine (optional, but since you're putting cat litter on your face, I figured you might like a drink to help you through)"
    Personally I don't think it'd be that big of a deal since they're right - it's basically the same thing has any mud/clay mask you'd buy at a store or get at a spa. And since I only use the scented, clumping cat litter for my real cat litter needs, I don't think my brain would relate it too much to actual cat litter.

msmonkeyfeet, Oct 4, 2012
  9. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

True. The cat in the photo looks conflicted. Like she's trying to decide whether to go to the bathroom on the lady's face or not. It must be weird for the cat because they associate that smell with the bathroom.

ACSAPA, Oct 5, 2012
  10. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

I would be afraid that it is too abrasive on my skin. I can only tolerate sugar and honey scrubs for now. I also like using sugar and jojoba oil too. That is a great lip scrub as well.

steph84, Oct 19, 2012
  11. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

Yikes, lol. Not sure I'd use cat litter as a face mask... I know that cat litter is clean and no used, but still... our skins are too delicate and well that cat litter wasn't made with that purpose in mind :D

Trellum, Jan 7, 2014
  12. Jessi

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

I'm so happy that I'm not the only crazy cat lady!:)

Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014
Ask a Question