Cat Likes The Heater?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Mocha&Latte, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Mocha&Latte

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

You guys all know that it is winter right (in America). That means snow,hot chocolate,Christmas, the cold, and HEATERS . But, it is a bit different for cats. For cats, it's all about jumping up on the windowsill and watching the cold snow and the birds playing in it but then flying away. It also means pouncing on your glass of hot chocolate while you go to the bathroom and jumping up on the Christmas tree and just trying to get a bite of that green thing that humans call a Christmas tree and cuddling on your lap because its so cold. AND TOUCHING THE HEATER WHILE IT'S ON! I'm worried for my cat. One day, it could get very hurt and burned. So, my cat tends to touch or paw on the heater while it's on. I think this is just a habit of my cat but it could get very serious. I live in a apartment so I don't control the heater. And the thing is that the heater makes this sounds like its just releasing air or wind or liquid or something. I think that's the problem at times.Even when I touch it, I get burned.
    Does anyone else cat do this?
    If it does, do you know how to solve it?
    Most of all, have you ever EVEN heard about a cat addicted to touching a heater while its on?

Thanks!

Mocha&Latte, Feb 4, 2014
  2. Mocha&Latte

steph84 Well-Known Member

You have to tell your cat "No!" when he or she approaches the heater. My cat does the same thing. He sniffs around our floor heater and he loves sitting next to my laptop when it is burning hot. I don't know why, but he loves the warmth. Maybe I should buy him a kitty sweater.

steph84, Feb 12, 2014
  3. Mocha&Latte

Trellum Well-Known Member

My in laws' cat never do that. This winter I could could spend a lot time with them downstairs, and the cat always seemed very "men" about the heater, lol.

As for my Bob, well we don't even need a heater! If my cat did that I'd really try what the poster above said.

Trellum, Feb 20, 2014
Ask a Question