cat jealousy

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by footballtim, Aug 22, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtim Well-Known Member

If you have more than one cat, do cats ever get jealous when you are loving, hugging and kissing the other cat? You bet they do. Just tonight, my wife was holding and kissing Tabitha, and Phoebe just sat there and stared. She looked like she was wondering why she was not getting any love. So my wife picked Phoebe up and held and kissed her, but then we looked over at Tabitha and she was sitting there staring and looking jealous. Give cats a chance. They have personalities just as dogs do.:D:eek:

footballtim, Aug 22, 2012
  2. footballtim

nikki Well-Known Member

Mine do get jealous as well but they can be pushy and if they dont like something they will just come sit on you or push the other out of the way.

nikki, Aug 22, 2012
  3. footballtim

Jessi Well-Known Member

Hmm. I think the older one sometimes does. I KNOW the dog gets super jealous, though, when either cat is getting pet. He gets so upset and insists on getting the attention instead.

Jessi, Aug 23, 2012
  4. footballtim

GA91 Member

My three cats get very jealous when they see me stroking another cat. They get close to me or jump on my lap because they want me to stroke them too. Also, sometimes when I am stroking one of my cats they do not want any other cat or dog to come near me. If another cat or dog approaches me they start getting nervous and growling, even if they are familiar with the pet in question. As footballtim said, cats have their own personality, just like dogs and many other domestic animals, don't you think?.

GA91, Aug 23, 2012
Ask a Question