Cat Grass

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by HappyRocinante, May 11, 2012.

1. HappyRocinante

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

I see these little pots at the store all the time and I was curious, does anyone here actually use them? Does it seem beneficial for your cat?

HappyRocinante, May 11, 2012
  2. HappyRocinante

Jessi Well-Known Member

I don't use them. My cats get enough of that sort of thing every time I try to bring a plant or flowers into the house....they eat them no matter what!

I'm actually not sure what they're supposed to do for cats, other than to give them the option of chewing on it if they want.

Jessi, May 11, 2012
  3. HappyRocinante

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I never fail to be amazed by how some people would find some way to make some money. In my book, that deserves full marks for ingenuity. No marks for functionality, though.

Victor Leigh, May 12, 2012
  4. HappyRocinante

steph84 Well-Known Member

I have never heard of cat grass before. I just send my cats out in my backyard and they go wild on the real grass. They like to eat it when they have digestive problems too.

steph84, May 14, 2012
  5. HappyRocinante

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Yes, I have seen my cats doing that very often. They would go sniffing around the grass. Kind of like checking things out. Then they will find something which is right and they will eat it. I have watched them doing that very often but still haven't figured out what kind of grass they are looking for.

Anyone knows?

Victor Leigh, May 15, 2012
  6. HappyRocinante

violino Well-Known Member

I do use this cat grass every year when I'm in the market and see it. And my cats eat it - although don't throw up as I thought they would. And they like to lie down in the grass :D Poor flattened grass...

violino, May 18, 2012
  7. HappyRocinante

Mystique Well-Known Member

I have no idea what type of grass, but yes, my cats do the same thing. I think steph84 is right in that it's normally when they have digestive problems. I remember when I was small, I would grab any cat that was trying to eat the grass (I though it would kill them :rolleyes:) but my father told me to leave it, as the grass patches keep the cats healthy.. o_O

Mystique, May 18, 2012
Ask a Question