Cat Freaks Out Over Washer/Dryer

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by CinnamonKiss, Feb 7, 2013.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This cat has a pretty intense reaction to it's owner starting the laundry! I'm not sure if this is a dryer or a front-end loader washing machine but this cat has a reaction worth a chuckle all the same!
    Has your pet reacted to either of your laundry machines? We have a front-end loader and and older style dryer and our cats don't care at all. We feed them in the utility room, where the machines are, so maybe because they grew used to them as kittens.

CinnamonKiss, Feb 7, 2013
  2. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

Haha!!

I think maybe it's a dryer because we don't see any water hitting the front glass either, unless maybe it's during a spin/dry cycle.

And I've never seen one freak out like this at all. I wonder if he does it every time.

Jessi, Feb 8, 2013
  3. CinnamonKiss

True! I feel like it's more of a dryer than a washer.
    This is the first time I've seen it too, and you pose a great question. I bet he does it quite often, at least, for its owner to get it on video!

CinnamonKiss, Feb 8, 2013
  4. CinnamonKiss

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I've never encountered anything like this, because I've always lived in apartments. So the laundry room is down the hall and the cat never sees the dryer. The only part of laundry day that my cat is involved in, is when she climbs into the pile of warm laundry after I bring it back from the dryer.
    That cat looks like it's fighting with the laundry. The only reason I can think of why it would be so freaked out, is that maybe that's a new dryer.
    Maybe they haven't had that dryer very long and that's why the cat is surprised by it. It looks like a brand new dryer. Maybe their previous dryer had a solid door that wasn't see through.

ACSAPA, Feb 10, 2013
  5. CinnamonKiss

Ah, the warm laundry that no cat can resist!
    Yeah, it does look that way, like it makes it angry and the cat wants to duke it out. Oh, that is a really good reason and make a lot of sense considering!! If that is the case, then hopefully the cat got used to it shortly after this video/gif clip, because that would be exhausting for the cat to do that every cycle.

CinnamonKiss, Feb 10, 2013
  6. CinnamonKiss

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

OHMYGOD. We don't have a washer or dryer that they can see into, so there's nothing like this. If we did, I'm almost positive that Alice would do something very similar! Dorian would get in the dryer if someone left it open for even a second, but he never freaked out. He merely laid down and tried to go to sleep, so we had to check the dryer before each load.

blurinoctober, Feb 11, 2013
  7. CinnamonKiss

Awwww, Alice is still small so she would be putting in double the work.:D It's a good thing you guys checked, it could have gotten very dangerous. It sounds like Dorian skipped the warm laundry step and was going straight for the source!! He was either very smart, or incredibly cold. Probably both!

CinnamonKiss, Feb 12, 2013
Ask a Question