Cat food recall

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by HappyRocinante, May 16, 2012.

1. HappyRocinante

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

Did your cat have an experience with that contaminated cat food a few years ago? My mother in laws cats had a bad batch and suffered for it. One of her cats was quite old and already had some health issues and that food added a strain on his kidneys. They had to put him down not long after. The other cat now has constant dilated eyes, which I am sure cause him pain.

HappyRocinante, May 16, 2012
  2. HappyRocinante

Mystique Well-Known Member

I can't recall this incident in my country, was it one of those familiar brands?

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL's cat - that must have been a horrible experience, not only for the cats, but for the owners, as well. Did anyone sue the cat food company?

Mystique, May 17, 2012
  3. HappyRocinante

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

It was in 2007 so it has been a while. I found this link for all the information about it on wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_pet_food_recalls

There is even a section in there about litigation. Most people would unfortunately have problems raising funds to sue over a beloved animal. I don't know which brand of food my MIL had bought.

HappyRocinante, May 18, 2012
  4. HappyRocinante

Mystique Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, HappyRocinante. Yes, it would be a problem to raise money, but so sad for the animals. I hope the food company would do a better job in the future.

Mystique, May 18, 2012
Ask a Question