Cat Fights

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by steph84, Apr 14, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

My 4 year old cat is attacking the 2 year old late at night. I know that the 2 year old likes to play around and the older cat just does not tolerate any of his shenanigans so he bites his neck and holds him hostage. He has been biting down on his neck frequently the past couple of days. I'm scared he going to full on attack him if I don't break up the boy fight. Any advice? They are killing my sleep!

steph84, Apr 14, 2012
  2. steph84

magickat Well-Known Member

Could you put them in separate rooms if you are worried? Or perhaps create an area high up that the younger cat could "escape" to?

magickat, Apr 14, 2012
  3. steph84

btatro Well-Known Member

Oh no :( How long have they been together? Could you try to keep 1 cat in by you at night, perhaps switch off which cat gets to stay.

btatro, Apr 14, 2012
  4. steph84

Jessi Well-Known Member

They're both boys? It sounds like it could certainly be a territorial issue.

If you haven't gotten them both fixed, I highly recommend it. It should fix most of the issues. If they're both already neutered, though, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Jessi, Apr 15, 2012
  5. steph84

kinser Active Member

I agree with getting them both neutered if they aren't already, and keeping them in separate areas at night. There may be other cats visiting your house at night on the outside causing your cats to get stimulated and act aggressively.

kinser, Apr 17, 2012
  6. steph84

violino Well-Known Member

My cats fight as well. Tabu (4yo) attacks Mitra (2yo) but to be honest, Mitra doesn't bother at all. She fights back but like it was a game to play. Even if Tabu atacks her really hard (I mean, this is the way I see it) and sometimes I'm curious which one will shear the other one's head off... But they are both fine, so I don't have to worry.
    But girls may be right. That's the first thing to start with.

violino, May 9, 2012
Ask a Question