Cat butt in the face

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Gah, it's true! It drives me nuts. Even if the cat isn't standing right in front of me, they still manage to somehow smack me around with their tail, lol.

Jessi, Jun 16, 2012
  2. Jessi

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

So true! It is like they are extending their courtesy of letting you sniff their butt like they would another cat! My Ninja is really bad about this because he is the one who likes to be held like a baby. He makes sure to get his butt up at your face at least once before he settles in.

HappyRocinante, Jun 17, 2012
  3. Jessi

S.O. Price Active Member

Funny! One of my cats is SURE to 'show me her butt' on a regular basis. I don't know if she wants/needs a butt inspection or what. I love my cats to death so I pretty much let them do anything they want. :)

S.O. Price, Jun 19, 2012
  4. Jessi

Mystique Well-Known Member

*phew* I thought only my cats do the cat butt in the face. Snowy hardly does it - although I tend to catch her doing it to Azzario a lot. As for Zopie, he only does it in the morning, as if it is his way of telling me to get up already!

Mystique, Jun 19, 2012
  5. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think it's not so much that the cat wants us to sniff its butt as that, as far as cats are concerned, butts are just as welcome as faces, so they are not that choosy about which end they point at you.

Victor Leigh, Jun 23, 2012
  6. Jessi

S.O. Price Active Member

Actually I read somewhere that 'showing their butt' is a sign that they respect you. Whether that is true or not, I don't know!

S.O. Price, Jun 23, 2012
  7. Jessi

That warrants some research. We will have to watch what cats do when they meet each other. Do the junior cats show their butts to the senior cats as a gesture of respect? Has anyone noticed anything like that?

Victor Leigh, Jun 26, 2012
  8. Jessi

tajnz Well-Known Member

So I see I'm not the only one whose noticed that cat's like to put their rears in peoples faces.:p I thought perhaps it was just an odd coincidence but as it seems to happen to a lot of people perhaps it is part of cat behaviour. Victor Leigh brings up an interesting point. Do cats do the same thing to each other?

tajnz, Jun 26, 2012
  9. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That explains why my cat's anus is always at eye level no matter what I happen to be doing. Whether she has to hop on the counter ,bed or the back of the sofa, she makes sure her butt is at the same height as my face.

I thought she was just showing her disdain for me ,because as I've mentioned before, Dolores is kind of a grouch and I think she sees me as some kind of live in maid that cleans her litterbox.

ACSAPA, Jul 13, 2012
  10. Jessi

violino Well-Known Member

LOL, that sounds pretty gross :D And I imagine this opinion about people ROTFL (which is sometimes true as well :D )

violino, Jul 15, 2012
  11. Jessi

As far as people are concerned, when girls show the other end to men, they have something else in mind. I wonder whether cats associate their other ends with anything to do with recreation and procreation.

Victor Leigh, Jul 15, 2012
Ask a Question