Cat Behavior: Storm Season is Here

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by mariposa, Jun 6, 2013.

1. mariposa

mariposa Well-Known Member

My area is now into the time of year when we can expect thunderstorms at the rate of at least a couple a week throughout June and July. For some reason most of them are being classified as severe this year. So that leads into my question. :)

In past years, our cat hated storms so badly that at the first sign of thunder (often even before our human ears could hear it) the cat went running to hide under my daughter's bed. She seems to have grown out of that, though, and just sits under the coffee table during a storm now. I'm glad they don't seem to scare her as badly now.

How do your cats act during a storm? Do they get scared, or is it business as usual? Is there anything you can do to make them less stressed when the thunder is booming?

mariposa, Jun 6, 2013
  2. mariposa

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My cat doesn't really care about thunderstorms. My rat terrier will cower under my desk or hide under my chair. Sometimes he has that aloof terrier personality, but when he hears thunder, he suddenly gets all cuddly.

ACSAPA, Jun 25, 2013
Ask a Question