Black Cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by CyberGal, Dec 31, 2014.

1. CyberGal

CyberGal New Member

There's always been a stigma in regards to black cats, unfortunately. They are harder to adopt. I have 2 of them and love them to death. They're really no different than my other cat (a calico). I'm wondering if any of you also have black cats...

CyberGal, Dec 31, 2014
  2. CyberGal

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I know what your saying. My cat Pepper had a black cat in her last litter of kittens. We at first were going to get rid of the cat giving it away to be adopted. My first thought was will this cat get adopted because unfortunately that stigma is there. Yet Salem, that's the cats name is such a sweet lovable cat, and its sad that some would view him as bad luck because he isn't.

Anyway, we found out that the two surviving kittens from that litter Salem and Petey were both boys and since we had the other three girl cats fixed there is no reason to get rid of them now. This is something I am glad about because I was worried about poor little Salem and whether he would find a home.

pafjlh, Jan 3, 2015
  3. CyberGal

Kay Dougall Well-Known Member

Hi cat lovers,
    I have always had black cats and I love, love, love them. They are the best. I just can't believe that some people out there don't like them for weird reasons. They are not any different from any other cat. Max, Bela, Omar, Hannibal, Sasha and of, course, the love of my life Ben Jamin, Please take a chance with them, they are the absolute best of the best! If I won the lottery, I would start a black cat rescue and cat adoption.

Kay Dougall, Jan 7, 2015
  4. CyberGal

muning Member

We had two black male cats. One was a big cat while the other one had a smaller frame. One was given to us while the smaller one was a rescued cat. They were both very adorable, especially the bigger one, who loved to sleep with us. Unfortunately, both of them lived short lives. They died in a car accident. They both got run over by vehicles. Maybe the drivers here believed that black cats bring bad luck. Their causes of death were identical.

muning, Jan 8, 2015
  5. CyberGal

Trellum Well-Known Member

I have one already, my BOB is a black cat. He looks like a mini black panther, his coat is so shiny and beautiful! I have never believed the things being said about black cats tho, so the color of his coat was never a deal breaker or maker.

Trellum, Feb 2, 2015
  6. CyberGal

Anne Well-Known Member

I meant to ask if that was BOB "on the fence"in a picture somewhere around here. About black cats, I am still "on the fence" when it comes to owning one but I have grown by leaps and bounds in my appreciation of them. There was a time when I did not even like to look at them but now I can admire them from a distance. I came very close to some beautiful looking strays I saw some months ago.

Anne, Mar 12, 2015
Ask a Question