Biting My Lip!

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by steph84, May 24, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

I have a new kitty and he loves to jump up and pounce at my face. He likes to bite my lips. He is a little biter and he bites hard. What can I do to get him to stop attacking my face? I tell him a strong no and remove him from the area.

steph84, May 24, 2012
  2. steph84

Jessi Well-Known Member

Is it possible it's because of what your mouth smells like? One of ours has a real interest in things that smell like citrus, mint, peppermint, etc. She'll come up to your face if you have just brushed your teeth with a minty toothpaste and sort of obsess over it. Yours is likely playing, but it's possible he's attracted to the area by an actual smell.

Jessi, May 24, 2012
  3. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

haha I never even thought about that Jessi! He would just stare at my mouth and when I would move my lips he would pounce and bite!

steph84, Jun 18, 2012
  4. steph84

tajnz Well-Known Member

Has the behaviour stopped yet? Did it stem from a certain smell like Jessi suggested? I think you had the right idea telling your cat no and removing him from the area. I'd also give him a treat when he plays nice to reward his good behaviour.:) I'd also ignore him after he bites for a few minutes to send a message that the behaviour is unacceptable. ;)

tajnz, Jul 2, 2012
Ask a Question