Billy Sue

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Afishy1, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Afishy1

Afishy1 Member

I have a big orange DSH tabby that I got when I was in 8th grade. His name is Billy Sue, and there is a story there. We thought at first he was a boy, and then we changed our minds and thought girl. When we finally took the kitten to the vet, we were told boy, so I named him billy and gave him the middle name Sue after the song by Johnny Cash "A Boy Named Sue". I sometimes call him Bill Susan or William Susan just for fun. He is my one and only. He like to lay in the sun and cuddle up next to me when I am studying. He greets me at the door every day when I get home. He is just such a good cat.

He unfortunately has the early signs of kidney disease, which is tough to stomach because I can't imagine life without him.

I also have a rabbit, which billy sue is very scared of. He has always been kind of timid. They are learning to like each other though. The rabbit very much wants to make a friend.

Afishy1, Mar 20, 2012
  2. Afishy1

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

I love the story about Billy Sue, so cute! I love the name you have given him and it sounds like you love this cat a whole lot. I am so sorry that he has early signs of kidney disease, our pets are just like our kids. Poor little rabbit, I hope Billy Sue become a good friend to the little rabbit.

Wahcashmom, Mar 20, 2012
  3. Afishy1

Afishy1 Member

Thanks for the kind words. He really is such a sweet cat, and so is my rabbit, which is named after C.S. Lewis. I just find it funny that the cat is afraid of the rabbit because the rabbit is smaller than him (probably about half his size) and in the wild it would be the cat going after the rabbit. Apparently he has been indoors too much of his life to recognize that such is the way it should be. Billy is getting better. He will let the rabbit sniff him for a second before running away. That is much more than before. He would hide as soon as the rabbit got out of his cage. Oh cats, they can be so silly. :)

Afishy1, Mar 21, 2012
Ask a Question