Begs for food

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by KimmyMarkks, Dec 10, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkks Active Member

Does anyone's cat beg for food at the table? My cat acts like a dog! She sits at the table and watches me when I eat. I know it's because when she was a kitchen my dad would feed her from the table. He instilled such bad behaviors in her that can't be broken. She will pop her head up and sit on a chair while we are at dinner.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 10, 2015
  2. KimmyMarkks

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cats beg for food too. The older cat wants it but he won't eat it. If you gave him a bite of anything that wasn't cat food he gags. Merle on the other hand would try anything. He is always looking to see if you have anything on your plate that he can try and if you don't give him a taste of something he will just help himself. lol You have to keep an eye on him. You can't leave your plate when he is around.

Susan Brown, Dec 10, 2015
  3. KimmyMarkks

MER Well-Known Member

Both of my babies jump on the table and sniff at what we're eating. Gemma is funny. When we have steamed brocollli, she'll put her face right up to the crowns and feel the steam rise up at her. When it cools down a bit, she'll try to rub her face in it. Rosco's got a great appetite. He practically eats anything you put in his face. They both are crazy for bread.

MER, Dec 10, 2015
  4. KimmyMarkks

Trellum Well-Known Member

My bob does it, but he has learnt to keep some distance :) He knows is not ok to sit on the table or the chairs, but he is always under the table or around the chairs hoping to find tiny bits of om nom noms, lol.

Trellum, Dec 17, 2015
Ask a Question