Bad Behaviour

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Sharon George, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Sharon George

Sharon George New Member

My 3 yr. old spayed cat has some disturbing behavior. She tears through the house at
    top speed. This behavior is way beyond mere playfulness. She runs....howls.....jumps
    on furniture & kitchen counters. Nothing seems to deter her from this behavior. She must
    be shut up in the laundry room at night or no one gets any sleep due to her craziness. She
    was from a rescue shelter, so we don't know any background on her. While she can
    be calm & affectionate at times, this crazy, possessed , behavior is getting too much.
    We've had her for over a year, and the bad behavior just doesn't stop. Is there anything
    we can do to stop this? If not, we will have to take her back to the shelter.

Sharon George, Mar 2, 2014
  2. Sharon George

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Sharon :) Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your cat, it's a shame that the shelter couldn't give you any background on her. I'm guessing that health-wise she is ok? Have you had her checked out by a vet?

Becky, Mar 4, 2014
  3. Sharon George

Trellum Well-Known Member

Trellum, Mar 25, 2014
  4. Sharon George

JES13 Member

JES13, Aug 8, 2014
  5. Sharon George

JES13 Member

hmmmm usually after they use the litter box they generally run and jump as you described - BUT I would also check her for possible 'worms'???

JES13, Aug 8, 2014
Ask a Question