Are your friends "cat people"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by blackcapped, Jul 18, 2012.

1. blackcapped

blackcapped Active Member

I am always interested in seeing what others' friends are like.

Are the majority of your friends cat or dog people? Or do they not own animals at all?

As I go through my friends, most of them actually seem to be cat people. It's funny, because I honestly thought it would be the other way around for my group.

blackcapped, Jul 18, 2012
  2. blackcapped

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Most of my friends are dog people. I guess their being outgoing and friendly -like their dogs balances out me being introverted and a little grouchy- like my cat.

ACSAPA, Jul 18, 2012
  3. blackcapped

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

Yes,... more or less. Most of us are cat people. We have either grown up in a home that has had cats, or we really wished we had. I even have a friend or two who are allergic but like them too. It's so sad because they would really like to be able to rub all in their fur and experience the fuzzy cutness first hand, unfortunately that is a no go.

Just today as a matter of fact we were all fantisizing about getting a cat, with exception of the friend who is allergic naturally.

QuatreHiead, Jul 18, 2012
  4. blackcapped

Jessi Well-Known Member

Hmm. I think I have a pretty even split of cat and dog people friends. I can't think of ANY of my friends who aren't an "animal person" of some sort, though. I can't imagine connecting very well with someone who hates animals.

Jessi, Jul 18, 2012
  5. blackcapped

blackcapped Active Member

I know a few people like that who are allergic to cats but still have one in or around their household.

Mine is a fairly even divide as well. I don't think I have any friends that dislike animals, but my dad's girlfriend doesn't like animals at all. I believe she is only person I know of that doesn't like having an animal of some sort around.

blackcapped, Jul 19, 2012
  6. blackcapped

BeautifulAngel Well-Known Member

Most of my friends are cat people, however I do have a few of them who aren't big on cats or who aren't big on animals. Though the majority of my friends are cat people

BeautifulAngel, Aug 3, 2012
  7. blackcapped

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have friends who are cat people, dog people and even non-pet people. So far I have not noticed much difference between them. Maybe I wasn't looking for any difference but I get the general idea that people develop their characters without much reference to their liking or non-liking for cats or dogs.

Victor Leigh, Aug 3, 2012
  8. blackcapped

Beth23 Well-Known Member

I have friends from both groups. I find dog people to be more controlling and cat people to be more laid back but thats just my observation from those I know. I have often had my friends who have dogs say they don't have cats because they cant make them do anything. Its true, cats are independent and do pretty much as they please.

Beth23, Aug 13, 2012
  9. blackcapped

steph84 Well-Known Member

Most of my best friends and boyfriends (exes and current) are all cat people. I once tried to date a dog guy but it never worked out. He spoiled that dog way more than I do my cat and that is saying a lot.

steph84, Aug 19, 2012
  10. blackcapped

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Most of my friends are cat people, and not really into dogs. I'm the other way around, but didn't want to get any new dogs right now since its only been a couple years since the ones we had passes.

OhioTom76, Sep 13, 2012
  11. blackcapped

Viola Member

Our friends are split between cat and dog people, although everybody who is not severely allergic (which a couple of our friends are) loves our cats. A couple of them even came to the decision to get a cat as a pet after spending time with our two lovely kitties.

Viola, Sep 15, 2012
  12. blackcapped

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

The majority of my friends are animal people in general but most of them are totally cat people. Some of them I even began a friendship with specifically because we had a love of cats in common! The only person that comes to mind that isn't really a cat person is my ex, my son's father. It's not that he hates cats, he just doesn't particularly care for them - his reason is that the litter box smells too much in his eyes.

msmonkeyfeet, Sep 16, 2012
  13. blackcapped

Trellum Well-Known Member

My best and closest friend is definitely a dog person, he actually seems to kinda dislike cats, but to be honest I don't care. He is not mean to my cat or cats in general, so I have nothing to worry. He just doesn't like the idea of having a cat.

Trellum, Mar 12, 2015
  14. blackcapped

Anne Well-Known Member

Even I was not a cat person until my son introduced me to the little kitten he found on the highway. Now I can safely say I have been converted but not any of my friends as far as I am aware. There is one person close to my circle who likes cats but that's about it.

On the other hand my bestie has about 6 dogs. Most of the people and friends I have are definitely dog people. I still think the introduction to the right cat could change all that.

Anne, Mar 12, 2015
  15. blackcapped

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I have had both cat and dog people in my life. In my familiy you could say we were dog people. My father certainly was, he made no secret of the fact that he hated cats, but he loved dogs. So, growing up we always had dogs.

My mother on the other hand was like me she loved cats, and thought they were sweet loving animals. She wanted one throughout most of her life. I ended up buying her a realistic type stuff animal version to help compensate. After my father was gone my sister and I started feeding stray cats much to our brother's dismay. Yes, he had some of our father's feelings toward cats but we managed to get around him. Anyway, eventually we got our five cats. As for hanging out with cat or dog people, we have a very close friend who when she was younger had a beloved small dog but she also always loved cats. Now that this dog is no longer alive she has four cats in her home.

I guess what I am trying to say is I have never noticed too much of difference in whether the people I associate with are dog or cat people. Some I have known could be classified as both, while others could be classified as neither because they didn't have pet.

pafjlh, Mar 16, 2015
Ask a Question