Anyone feed Blue Buffalo?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Smadge, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Smadge

Smadge Member

I have gone through several different foods with my sensitive cats, including two prescription foods, before my vet suggested Blue Buffalo. After trying a couple different varieties of Blue Buffalo, I have settled on Blue Basics limited ingredient Turkey and Potato--the grain-free version, without the rice. Now no one is puking or having diarrhea, which is a good thing, but I have started to hear a lot of bad reports about Blue Buffalo, mainly problems with urinary tract infections. Has anyone else fed Blue Buffalo? What has your experience been-good or bad?

Smadge, Jan 26, 2014
  2. Smadge

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

My sister used to have a cat whom she fed Blue Buffalo to. She seemed fine.

Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014
  3. Smadge

steph84 Well-Known Member

I did get some coupons for some free food at Petco, but I never picked it up. They expired and I thought it was so expensive. My sister feeds her dog blue buffalo because he had a skin allergy and now he is doing great.

steph84, Feb 2, 2014
  4. Smadge

Trellum Well-Known Member

I have never tried Blue Buffalo, but my future sister in law does feed that to her cat who has a serious skin issue. We haven't really noticed a big change or improvement, but the cat really seems to like eating that food. They started feeding it this because they thought that skin reaction was some sort of skin allergy, now they are not even sure :(

Trellum, Mar 10, 2014
Ask a Question