And you thought cats didn't like water...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Becky, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

:D

Becky, Nov 18, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  2. Becky

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I love the cat swimming after the ducks! I've always had at least one "fishing" cat and one cat that drinks out of the faucet. At the moment, those are both Deimos. I'll have to take a video of him and post it here later.

Wallie0921, Nov 19, 2011
  3. Becky

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Most of the clip was fun but I can't stand the part where the little kid is trying to throw the cat into the water and no one intervents. Eventually he fails and falls into the water himself, but I really get angry when I see this. People should teach children to be respectful, kind and loving to animals or at least leave them alone if you don't like them. I love the Sphynx playing in the hot tub, so cute!

Yolanda, Nov 20, 2011
    Belligerent likes this.
  4. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I thought exactly the same thing - you could see adults in the background and they did nothing about it!! I'm glad the cat escaped and the boy fell in - he deserved that.

Becky, Nov 21, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  5. Becky

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Yes, it's awful. I hope nothing bad happened to the child, but he deserved a good scare.

Yolanda, Nov 21, 2011
  6. Becky

quitetenacious Member

I hate it when children do stuff like that to cats and adults just stand by. My mother has two cats that were born out of the same litter that are both obsessed with water. They love to bat there paws around in the toilet if someone forgets and leaves the lid up. One of them has even figured out how to turn on the faucet. (She has those little handle bar knobs) We had to shut off the main water valve when we went out of town for the weekend to make sure that he didn't flood her house!

quitetenacious, Nov 22, 2011
    yourkiwim8 and Yolanda like this.
  7. Becky

christy sharpton Active Member

I love this picture, it is very cute!

christy sharpton, Nov 23, 2011
  8. Becky

christy sharpton Active Member

I wish my cats would make it easy for me to give them baths, but they fight with me when I try. But my cats love drinking out of the kitchen faucet instead of out of their bowls. It is funny, my oldest cat I have will sit on my counter until I turn the water on for her.

christy sharpton, Nov 23, 2011
  9. Becky

MaxKitteh Well-Known Member

Some cats in the wild love water, such as tigers. Smaller cats as far as I know evolved in the desert, or at least the progenitors of modern domesticated cats did. So, most may not like water but individuals will vary, of course.

I know my cat doesn't like random drops on him after I wash my hands in the sink, so I suspect he wouldn't like a bath either. But, he's a champion groomer so I am not too worried. ;)

MaxKitteh, Nov 28, 2011
  10. Becky

magickat Well-Known Member

My cats are very intrigued by water, especially running water. One of them loves drinking from a running tap. All my cats seem fascinated by the bathroom and scratch at the door to come in when someone is using it. I love it when I am in the bath and they come and sit on the side and play with bubbles - so cute :)

magickat, Nov 30, 2011
  11. Becky

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Those are so cute! Most of them are funny and I laughed so hard at some of them, but a couple of them was so sad for a couple of the kitties. The little white cat that the kid pulled into the tube, bless its heart.

Wahcashmom, Dec 1, 2011
  12. Becky

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

My one cat loves to watch me take bubble baths and I know he is thinking about joining me....He likes to lay on my chest and snuggle out of water, so when I lay back in the bathtub he is just itching to climb on me the way he always does...not when I sprinkle him lightly he runs away. Not quite ready. I should try the water coming out of the faucet for him though...he may like that. My brother's cat always laid in the sink too like the ones in the video. The one relaxing in the water though...I hope it wasn't sick....that one bothered me more than the little kid throwing the cat one....but you are right, why did they think that would be funny?

SallyintheValley41, Jan 28, 2012
  13. Becky

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

I tried the running faucet with my one cat yesterday, but he didn't want any part of it. I was really surprised since he is fascinated with the bath tub filling, and watching me bathe.

SallyintheValley41, Jan 30, 2012
  14. Becky

amy005 Well-Known Member

My cat doesn't mind water as long as it isn't a full tub of it! He always used to go in the bathtub when there was a little bit of a drip to try getting a drink. He we still go in there occasionally to let me know is thirsty.

amy005, Feb 13, 2012
  15. Becky

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

LOL Mine does!

[​IMG]

SheWolfSilver, Feb 13, 2012
    Belligerent likes this.
Ask a Question