Ahoy thar

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Grimp, May 13, 2015.

1. Grimp

Grimp Member

I'm a cat owner from England, ever since I was a kid I have owned cats, the first cat was called Lucy, she was a big meany, it didnt take much to wind her up, so you had to be quite careful around her. The second cat was Snowy, she was mostly lovely, you could still wind her up so she was still a little bit tempermental but in general lovely and fluffy. The third cat (who is still alive after over 10 years) is Shadow, shes a very very shy cat who wouldnt harm a fly. By far my favourite cat, when she arrived in my home from the rescue shelter she was very scared of everyone but I managed to get her playing with a peice of string and make her feel comfortable and welcome in the home.
    The final cat I got 6 years after Shadow as a kitten, he was called Mowgli, he was a very lovely cat, always warm and cuddly, almost too cuddly. Unfortunately he died young, he started having seizures, his stomach swelled to a balloon and he had to be put down, what a sad story for such a lovely cat.

Anyway Shadow is still around, but she must be over 15 years old now :O <3

Grimp, May 13, 2015
  2. Grimp

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Greetings to you in England! I love the names of your cats, but so sorry to hear about Mowgli. Reminds me of our beautiful white cat, Powder who met with tragedy years ago. Still difficult to talk about! Snowy sounds a bit like our Eddie. She is very shy around other people. Your Lucy sounds a big like our Herman, a big beast, who is quite strong, but we love her and is a bit more people friendly compared to our Eddie. Herman is, also, older. She is now 11, I think. lol Guess I better go ask my daughter to confirm. Eddie is our perpetual baby, think she is around 4 or 5. Gosh I am tired this morning. I know, I know their ages. Oh, well. Anyways, welcome to the forum. Glad you are here to share your cat stories! "See ya" later. Have a good day!

Herman&Eddie, May 14, 2015
  3. Grimp

Grimp Member

Hey, its nice to receive such a warm welcome from you, aww, I would love to meet your cats, sounds like we have something in common? Crazy cat people? Did you ever watch that episode of simpsons with the mad lady with loads of cats that would just scream and shout and throw cats around? xD Lets hope people dont see us that way if they ever find out about our forum activities! lol

Grimp, May 14, 2015
  4. Grimp

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Your welcome! Well, I keep promising to post pictures of my cats. Gosh, I need to hustle and get it done! Oh, the Simpsons, I am sure my kids know that episode. I do recall, the first time I sat down with my kids and we discovered the Simpsons, kind of cool we lived in Colorado at that time. Anyways, I thought we were gonna watch some cute little cartoon and then the comedy started to unfold. I could not stop laughing. It was the episode where the crazy bus drive lady was screaming at the kids to sit down and this cat kept jumping in her hair! So, maybe no cat throwing around her, but loads of fun! So, again, welcome aboard!

Herman&Eddie, May 15, 2015
Ask a Question