A great first aid book fo cat and dog owners

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Donna, May 9, 2016.

1. Donna

Donna Member

I have this book and it has come in handy many times for both my dog and cat: http://amyshojai.com/books/the-first-aid-companion-for-dogs-and-cats/ The First Aid Companion for Dogs and Cats. She has a table showing what human OTC med are safe and which ones are not for our pets and covers what to do until you can get to a vet. Good to have on the shelf!

Donna, May 9, 2016
  2. Donna

Trellum Well-Known Member

This sounds like a great and very useful book, Donna! Thanks for sharing, I might actually end up ordering, because I've been in this kind of situations before, not knowing what to do until the vet comes. Sometimes you know you have to do something in order to save your pet, but it's so frustrating because you don't know what to do.

Trellum, May 29, 2016
    Donna likes this.
  3. Donna

Valerie Active Member

A great share, thank you. I'm always looking for resources that can help me in times of need, especially when it comes to fur babies. I'm with Trellum. It's so sad and upsetting when an animal is injured and there's nothing you can do for them. I was lucky to have grown up with a mother who worked in the Emergency Room, so I have a general ides of basic medical care. But sometimes the injuries aren't so obvious. I like that this book has ways to handle smaller issues or less visible problems as well.

Valerie, May 29, 2016
Ask a Question