10 signs your cat loves you

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hahaha! Don't know what to make out of this, my in laws cat boinked me with its head :p He also napped near me when he was scared.

[​IMG]

Trellum, Jun 29, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  2. Trellum

erik Well-Known Member

Haha I used to force the kittens to nap beside me but they would always escape but now one of the kitty would nap beside me on her own even if I don't call her or entice her with treats! I have never received a mouse as a gift tho..

erik, Jul 2, 2015
    Trellum likes this.
  3. Trellum

Don't worry, if you are lucky enough very soon your kittens will start gifting you some mice ;) Just wait for them to grow up! I was reading this is a really nice gesture coming from a cat, because they are not eating the mouse so you can eat it yourself, lol. So nice of them, isn't it? They expect us to eat the mouse. I can imagine the disappointment they feel when we don't.

Trellum, Jul 2, 2015
  4. Trellum

erik Well-Known Member

I wish they bring me a donut instead :) This is what makes cats the cutest most adorable thing in the world! I find that if I ignore them sometimes they actually show more affection on their own rather than forcing them to nap with me and petting them so much that they get annoyed and leave :)

erik, Jul 3, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  5. Trellum

Hahahahaha! Yes, cats are like that! I noticed that with other cats I had, because the one I have now is super needy and is always after me to pet him. I love how cats have different personalities :) That is why I like dogs and cats as pets, because they show a lot emotion and different personalities. That is why I never got to have a ferret :p

Trellum, Jul 3, 2015
  6. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Kitty kiss does one that isn't listed. If he's hiding under furniture in in a dark corner, and you walk by oblivious to him being there, he reaches out and smacks you. That's love right?

LilAnn, Jul 4, 2015
    Herman&Eddie and icekat like this.
  7. Trellum

Lol, he sounds like such a character! I guess it kinda counts as boink to him ;) I think of him as one of those kitties who are really into rough love to everyone, lol.

Trellum, Jul 5, 2015
  8. Trellum

anadrotowski Member

My boyfriend's cat is horrible about love bites! She always gets all cuddley with me and just straight up attacks me lol. But she's still a sweet kitty and will cuddle up with me if I'm laying on the couch. :)

anadrotowski, Jul 9, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  9. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I guess my kitties really love me and I love them to pieces too. I really liked this list. Cats are so affectionate and cuddly. Both of my cats love lots of attention and they show their love all the time.

Susan Brown, Jul 11, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  10. Trellum

icekat Active Member

Love the list, it's all so true! I once had a cat who brought me all sorts of gross things! He deposited a bird's head outside my door, and carried a live mole into the house, which promptly got away! :( We managed to catch and release the mole, but my cat was so mad at me! He followed me around yowling and grumbling at me for the longest time! Even treats didn't appease him much that day! :D

icekat, Jul 11, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  11. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

4, 5, 9 and 10 are winners for me. Truth of the matter is I never doubted his love. I always felt his love from day one. So even if I could not identify with anything here, I would still have been convinced that my cat loved me. Let's just say I could see it in his eyes.

Anne, Jul 13, 2015
  12. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I can never figure out if its a sign of love or disrespect when they stick their butt in your face. I'll move their butt, but they always bring it back.

LilAnn, Jul 15, 2015
  13. Trellum

Lol, me either!

Aww when a cat shows you his tummy he is being very vulnerable, there is no stronger sign he actually trust you and love you :)

Hahahahahahahahaahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Omg.....!!!!! That is so darn funny!!!! Did he really follow you around grumbling? LOL!!!!!! What was he expecting you to do with the mole? Eat it it? Seriously, the mentality of cats cracks me up xD

Trellum, Jul 24, 2015
  14. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Aww when a cat shows you his tummy he is being very vulnerable, there is no stronger sign he actually trust you and love you :)

Is that true about the vulnerability? Well he was in love. Everything time I came home and he was there rolling over. And that white fur on his tummy, was always so clean, bright and fresh that it was just a joy to take my toes and tickle or run all along his tummy. I am sure my dogs were jealous of him: especially Zola. She would want to push ahead to demand her time when they were all together. Together they were a joy to come home to.

Anne, Jul 25, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  15. Trellum

Of course, cats are still a bit more wild than dogs, @Anne Why do you think that the say the belly is not a good place to pet a cat? Ask any cat owner and they will tell you their cat often bites them or scratches them if they ever try to touch their tummies uninvited ;) Cats hate exposing their bellies, really, in the wild that would mean a death sentence if they did that with a predator nearby or even another cat that wasn't that friendly. Those cats who roll on their back and show you their bellies trust you with their own lives... LITERALLY.

Trellum, Jul 25, 2015
  16. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Trellum, now I am sad MAYBE in a good way. I am thinking really. I can just see him now. Especially on those days where the dogs would be left in the patio upstairs and he would be left in the house. On those occasions he would be the first I met before I let in the doors to come downstairs and join us and he would roll over and free himself up to me to no limit. Oh my God. He trusted me with his life and I let him down!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    Anne, Jul 25, 2015
  17. Trellum

Aww, I'm sorry you are feeling that way, but don't feel bad, just because he did that with you doesn't mean he did that with others. He trusted you and only you, I'm sure. There was no way you'd ever know what was going to happen. I think he was a very sweet cat that was unlucky to get close enough to some other animal or person he didn't know well. Most cats find it so hard when a stranger offers them food... I mean, mom and i were talking about the jerk who is killi8ng cats in the neighborhood. We are almost certain is the guy in the corner....

I'm so going to bring this into the light. I'm going to create a petition and get it signed by a lot people to press my government to punish people who do this kind of things.

Trellum, Jul 26, 2015
  18. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Trellum, I know you have spoken of this person in the past, but are cats still being killed? I thought this was something that had happened in the past. At some point I know I must get over the mystery of Twinkle's death but I have to confess I have some folks in mind who could have caused his death. I have no evidence and I guess it does me no good to constantly worry about it, but some days I still get angry because I believe in my heart that his death was not an accident. I guess I will get over it one day.

Anne, Jul 27, 2015
  19. Trellum

Yes, my mom just told me they found one the other day... and just 2 days another one in front the neighbors house. The first one it was i front my house... I'm sure it's that sick bastard. He killed all the cats from the neighborhood in the past, now we had finally started seeing some new cats settling in, but he is doing it again. Just because his stupid garden.

Trust your gut feeling! Sadly I think in our countries killing cats is still not a crime, or is it where you live? I feel so frustrated over this, I have no idea what to do...I need to research a bit before i do something about this.

Trellum, Jul 28, 2015
  20. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

I am with you on this. I have to say I won't like to be bothered (not that they could bother me really) by cats dogs or any animal for that matter. If any were posing a problem to me I would look to find a solution even if I called in authorities to try to fix the situation. I would not think to kill or poison them. That's plain evil. Now I know more about cats I wonder if I Twinkle was a nuisance to someone and know that I would have kept him much closer if I thought that possibility existed.

Do your research and I hope things change. It's just not right to kill innocent animals. It's plain wrong.

Anne, Jul 29, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
Ask a Question